Attire & Accessories Forum

Bergdorf Alterations?

Does anyone know what Bergdorf charges for alterations? I wanted to buy my dress at Saks since they give you not only 10% off if you sign up for their credit card, but they do flat fee alterations too. Unfortunately they don't carry my dress (ML Peony) in the color I want (blush). I could go to ML directly but they charge a lot more than Saks does.

Re: Bergdorf Alterations?

• It would be easiest to just call up Bergdorf and ask them.

• I am surprised that Saks can't just order the dress you want in the color you want from ML.  Are you sure it's not simply that they don't have the sample in store?  Saks didn't have the dress I wanted either, but they just worked with the designer to order it for me.  Designer bridal dresses are not kept in stock (other than samples) and are always special ordered anyway.  I think you should call Saks and ask.  If you are talking about the NYC Bridal salon, I worked with Jill and she is excellent.
  • @maggie0829 thanks for the advice - I called before I posted and they wouldn't tell me.

@crazycatlady3 I'm working with Jill too! Jill is amazing. Unfortunately the girl at the front desk is just awful. She was rude to me when I made my first appointment (a month ago). And today when I was calling to confirm my follow up and ask if they could get the dress in blush to try on since they only had it in white at my first appointment, she told me that ML didn't make the dress in blush anymore! I called ML directly and they laughed. So when I called back she told me they absolutely would not order the dress for me in another color and that they only carry it in ivory. It's ridiculous and even though I'd save money with them I'm not confident I want them to handle my dress if this is how they treat customers. I might call back tomorrow and ask to just speak to Jill directly. Were you happy with your overall experience? Fittings, follow ups, etc? Did you do your groomswear there too?
  • CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013

Well, I just ordered the dress 2 weeks ago so I can't comment on follow up experience.  However they ordered me a dress for a designer they won't even have in store until October.  I told Jill I wanted that particular dress that I had seen elsewhere, and she had someone from the designer's showroom bring a sample in for me, and then ordered it for me, no problem.  If Jill gave you her card, I suggest you email her (I can dig up her email and PM you if you don't have it).  She always responded to my emails right away even in late evenings and when she was on vacation.  The front desk lady sounds ridiculous, but I have a feeling Jill will be able to get the dress for you.

ETA: I PM'ed you Jill's email.  That's probably the best way to get her directly.

I am curious about doing menswear there--I'm presuming they don't rent and we can't ask our groomsmen to buy $1k suits to match whatever we would buy for the groom there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards