Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake Help!

My sister finally finish deciding what her centerpiece will look like. The wedding theme color is white and bright red. The cake design we picture before was a white cake with red flowers. Before she decided on her center piece. We all thought that she was going to do a normal flower centerpiece. Instead she pick to do Branch centerpiece that are 7 feet tall... with white orchids and crystal dangling from them. We only got 4/5 of the centerpiece to place between 4/5 tables. I don't think her wedding cake match her wedding center piece anymore. Can someone please help us find a better match for her wedding cake? Need help ASAP her wedding is in 3 weeks.

Re: Cake Help!

• sourlime said:
    My sister finally finish deciding what her centerpiece will look like. The wedding theme color is white and bright red. The cake design we picture before was a white cake with red flowers. Before she decided on her center piece. We all thought that she was going to do a normal flower centerpiece. Instead she pick to do Branch centerpiece that are 7 feet tall... with white orchids and crystal dangling from them. We only got 4/5 of the centerpiece to place between 4/5 tables. I don't think her wedding cake match her wedding center piece anymore. Can someone please help us find a better match for her wedding cake? Need help ASAP her wedding is in 3 weeks.

The cake doesn't have to match the centerpieces or any sort of theme.

I'd suggest you stay away from red icing, though, it can be very bitter tasting.

Why not just do a basic white frosted cake, and decorate with real roses or orchids?

• I don't think many people will even noticing if the cake decor matches anything else. It really doesn't matter.

That being said, you can never go wrong with an all-white cake, decorated with simple piping/dots/whatever texture your heart desires. 
  • Ditto PP.  The cake doesn't have to match the rest of the decor.  But I really like this cake!image

• Instead of red roses just do white orchids.  The cake does not have to match the wedding decor. Some couples use the cake to highlight their likes and interests rather then have it match the wedding colors and such.

• Cake is very important for the celebration but not necessarily have to be matched with the rest of the decoration. You can design a cake base on your own passion or make it as lovely as it should be. Anyway, it will be eaten very soon during the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards