Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Time between ceremony and reception

Hello all, I'm new here! I'm in the process of planning my wedding and today i was looking at a possible timeline. There will be about 15 minutes between the ceremony and the reception. I was just wondering if there were any ideas about how to entertain guests during that half hour besides having snacks. And if I were do snacks what kind would you suggest--we are having a buffet style dinner. Thank you all in advance.

Re: Time between ceremony and reception

• Options
    I would host something really simple since it's so short. Like cheese and crackers, fruit, a veggie tray. Are you doing it yourself? If so, there are a lot of options at costco or sam's that would work.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    All you need is food and drinks to keep your guests happy and entertained.  They will be fine to mill about and chit chat with each other.  Adults do not need entertainment provided to have a nice time.

• Options
    oops i meant to say half hour not 15 minutes
  • Options
    OK thank you :)
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Even 30 mins is a pretty short time- light refreshment would be fine. Punch alone would be fine, with cheese/crackers, or fruit or veggie tray. If you wish to upgrade you can. 
  • Options
    Just some drinks and light snacks will be enough for 30 minutes, I'm sure.  Your guests will be talking and exploring the venue. 
  • Options
    Just start serving drinks and do some light apps.  Something as simple as veggie and cheese trays is fine for 30 minutes.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards