Attire & Accessories Forum

J.Crew online

I am eyeing the j.crew „Clover” gown. It looks perfect for my informal, beach wedding. However, I'm not sure it's going to work with my curvy, very busty figure. Does anyone out there have any ideas? Should I just buy it online and then pay to return it if it doesn't work out? I don't live near a show room.

Re: J.Crew online

• Unfortunately, I find jcrew to look awesome on super skinny, boy-ish figures (no curves) but not really great on anyone else. Ask them about their return policy on this item in particular. 

I'd encourage you to go to a wedding dress shop in your area, show them a picture of this dress and ask to try on similar dresses before you order.
    *********************************************************************************

• Unfortunately, I find jcrew to look awesome on super skinny, boy-ish figures (no curves) but not really great on anyone else. Ask them about their return policy on this item in particular. 

I'd encourage you to go to a wedding dress shop in your area, show them a picture of this dress and ask to try on similar dresses before you order.
    I have to agree. My bridesmaids wore JCrew and it worked out great (returns included!)...but, looking back...they're all thin and small-chested. I didn't really think of it at the time.
  • If you live near a jcrew store that carries the bridal line I would recommend trying it on. Otherwise our experience with exchanging bridesmaid dresses was great- they were very accommodating.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, J. Crew can be a bit geared toward the boyish figure...The bodice does appear to be structured on the inside, so maybe it would work?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards