North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Kitty Hawk Pierhouse wedding guests between 130-140 too much?

Hey Y'all! 
  I am looking into getting married in the Pierhouse and having a fall wedding.  Has anyone had a wedding at the Pierhouse with 140-150 guests?  I am worried that it will be too many people in the Pierhouse.  With fall weather, I never know if it will be nice or not.  Also, we will be doing a cocktail reception, so we would only have tables on the right side of the room and cocktail tables on the left side.  Anyone who has had a wedding this big there, please let me know your thoughts!!

Re: Kitty Hawk Pierhouse wedding guests between 130-140 too much?

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Hello and Welcome! I'm having problems copying the link with my IPad, but if you google theknot kitty hawk pier house, you will see all of the different posts, and there are quite a few. You can also reference the Outer Banks Wedding Assoc at www.obxweddingassociation.org and see Real Weddings that have been held there; you can also go through their blog on their FB page. Hope this heps!

• Options
    In Response to Kitty Hawk Pierhouse wedding guests between 130-140 too much?:
    [QUOTE]Hey Y'all!    I am looking into getting married in the Pierhouse and having a fall wedding.  Has anyone had a wedding at the Pierhouse with 140-150 guests?  I am worried that it will be too many people in the Pierhouse.  With fall weather, I never know if it will be nice or not.  Also, we will be doing a cocktail reception, so we would only have tables on the right side of the room and cocktail tables on the left side.  Anyone who has had a wedding this big there, please let me know your thoughts!!
    Posted by sarahanthes[/QUOTE]

hello! getting married here 7/18/14. if i remember correctly, those numbers sound like they're hitting the limit. however- you said you were having cocktail reception, so the lack of all the tables that would be there for a typical wedding would probably open it up. they've been pretty good about emailing - even prior to booking -so send them a message and see what they have to say.
  • Options
    abardoabardo member
    First Anniversary First Comment

I am also getting married at the Hilton Pier House and we are having around 120 ppl. 

I remember talkng to the one videographer and his wife at the Expo this year and they said they had recently gotten married at the Pier House and had around 140 ppl.  They also had a cocktail reception and it sounded like they set up the Pier House as you have described with cocktail tables on one side and regular tables on the other. I would email the Hilton just to double check but I think you will be fine.

Good luck!

Let me know if you have any questions.  I am down  to just over the 4 month mark!!!

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    At the Pier House, you have to meet their food minimum, which is around $4000 or more....I think, so will you be able to do that with a cocktail reception? If your guests are taking time from work, school, etc and traveling all the way down there, they should be served a meal, even if its heavy apps. The reception is a thank you to your guests for supporting and witnessing your ceremony. Just trying to look at all of the angles here.

• Options
    I'm not sure if this is the direction you are going, but please make sure you have seating for all of your guests. The worst thing is to be dressed nicely, carry your purse, a glass of wine, and try to eat all at one time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    karistizkaristiz member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    piggybacking on abardo's post

here's the link to the wedding she was talking about. as she said, they did have a cocktail reception - but there's definitely seating for everyone.

http://vimeo.com/54296139

just wanted to add that the videographer is Benny Baldwin and the video is from his website (and of his wedding)
  • Options
    We actually had originially thought we were going to use the Pier House, because we loved how close it was to my family's house and such. But then we saw the allotted numbers, and couldn't do it. Since we are coming from NH, and most of our guests are coming from NJ (where I grew up), we decided that we needed to find a place that would seat and fit all of our guests at tables. 

I agree with OBX and KSJ, if people are coming from near (of far), they are going to want a place to at least sit down!

Good luck!
  • Options
    emj07emj07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

We are planning our wedding there for 2014 and when I met with the wedding planner at the Hilton, she said holding up to 150 wouldn't be an issue..

• Options
    you can fit that for cocktail style reception. if you do plated  and not photo booth you can get more tables in the room but if you do buffet and have a photo booth you can only fit 9 rounds in the room and you can do between 8 and 12 rounds of guests at each table. it is actually a small space. I was estimated to have 120 guests originally but now down to like 90 thank goodness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards