New Jersey
Options

I'm looking for a venue that's affordable in Central or South Jersey

Hi All,

I'm recently engaged and my parent's and my fiance's parents are financing our wedding. Neither of our parents have a lot of money so we're really grateful for them offering to pay, otherwise we would have done something that would have been condensed to around 30 to 50 people. With that said, I would guess that our budget for venues is somewhere in between $1,200 and $1,600 (max), with somewhere between 150 to 200 guests. I would really like to get married in a place that has that country rustic feel -- like wineries, vineyards, barns and some older venues, but I am absolutely willing to have it in a place that is in my price range but isn't country/rustic. Does anyone know of any venues in central or southern jersey that might fit that description? 

Best Answers

Re: I'm looking for a venue that's affordable in Central or South Jersey

• Options
    Thank you soontobemrsbuccheri and jlr92588! We haven't set a date yet but I think we're leaning toward late August or mid-May of 2014. We are definitely going to do a Friday or Sunday because we see how much cheaper it is. I never saw the Raven and the Peach venue before but I do like it, a lot. I've seen Bayonet Farms before but we thought it was too pricey-- looking at it again, it doesn't seem so bad. I actually meant 1,200- 1,600 for a venue but I think realistically that number may need to go up at least $1000. jlr92588 I would be very grateful if you would be able to send me the info about Raven and the Peach. Thanks again!! 
  • Options
    Thank you soontobemrsbuccheri and jlr92588! We haven't set a date yet but I think we're leaning toward late August or mid-May of 2014. We are definitely going to do a Friday or Sunday because we see how much cheaper it is. I never saw the Raven and the Peach venue before but I do like it, a lot. I've seen Bayonet Farms before but we thought it was too pricey-- looking at it again, it doesn't seem so bad. I actually meant 1,200- 1,600 for a venue but I think realistically that number may need to go up at least $1000. jlr92588 I would be very grateful if you would be able to send me the info about Raven and the Peach. Thanks again!! 
    Just a quick FYI - 1200-1600 for a venue seems a bit low, but if you rent tents, etc you may be able to fit that budget.  Originally our budget was only 10k but we bumped it up to 15/16k after we picked our venue.  Have you thought about seeing if a family member has a large, neat back yard? Maybe you can save some $ by using a back yard, getting a big tent and then getting a good caterer, etc.  

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Options
    You can try some type of club or hall but you are going to have to increase your budget & decrease the size of your guest list.  I've done birthday parties at Elks' clubs with light appetizers (chips, pigs in blankets, cheese & fresh fruit) plus a buffet & open tab bar for 150+ people for about $2,500. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards