July 2013 Weddings
Options

Let's talk undergarments...

In anticipation of my first fitting, I need to get undergarments. Looking for a sweetheart neckline corset type of thing and I'm pretty sure I'll need to go try it on instead of buying online.

Where did you ladies have luck finding your underthings? I'd love to not spend a whole day at the mall looking, so give suggestions!

Re: Let's talk undergarments...

• Options
    Well I went first fitting without any undergraments. Im glad, because she said I didnt need any because my dress has a really structured top. So im just getting cups sewn in. 

As for undies.. im not sure, Maybe ill go find something thats good for when its hot

• Options
    When I tried on my dress they had the bra, so I am ordering it today.
  • Options
    I am having cups sewn in.  I will probably get a cute pair of undies from Victoria Secret. 
  • Options
    I just bought cute purple lace undies and won't be wearing a bra. I would need a backless or really low bra and the ones at vs don't run big enough. The seamstress is confident my dress will provide enough support on its own.
  • Options
    Would you recommend going to the first fitting without a special bra to see what they recommend? I could buy something and return it if need be...
  • Options
    Are you going to a bridal shop where they could show you your different options and you could see how they worked with your dress?
    If not, I'd absolutely try to bring something like what you want to wear with the dress. Since it's being fit for your wedding day, you want to be sure it's as close to the "day of" attire as possible!

That's what I think, at least! :)
  • Options
    Yeah my seamstress told me to wear whatever undergarments I was planning on wearing. I had honestly not thought about it so I frantically went to vs and had no luck so I just went to the fitting hoping it would be ok. For me it worked out since I'm not doing a bra but if you think you'll need one I'd try to find what you think will work beforehand.
  • Options
    I agree with this
    kls33145 said:

Are you going to a bridal shop where they could show you your different options and you could see how they worked with your dress?

If not, I'd absolutely try to bring something like what you want to wear with the dress. Since it's being fit for your wedding day, you want to be sure it's as close to the "day of" attire as possible!

That's what I think, at least! :)
  • Options
    I am getting the long line bra from David's Bridal. I tried on a couple of different options when I bought the dress, and it really did look the best underneath.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought a low backed long line bra on Amazon. I'm a 38ddd so I didn't have many options. It came and fits really nicely and will really help shape and support me underneath the dress.

I haven't thought of undies yet. Given the heat and all the moving I'll be doing (not to mention my BMs and the moms will probably be seeing them) I'll probably get a pink cotton pair of hipsters or boy shorts.

Now, my crinoline is my "something borrowed" it was my Aunt's for her wedding 10 years ago (David's is still selling the exact same one) and I dyed it fuschia to match the BM's dresses. I'm so excited to see it all put together at my fitting on Friday. :)
  • Options
    I got the longline sweetheart corset from Davids. I also got the half slip spanx type thing for the bottom. No idea on undies, I dont think it really matters to me what I wear. I may get some sort of shorts since I will be sweating a lot and dont want sweat dripping between my thighs and down my legs!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    Did you have any trouble dying your crinoline? I am planning to do that, I bought the polyester dye, I just hope it turns out BRIGHT.
  • Options
    My crinoline turned out wonderfully! I used regular RIT dye and did it in rubber maid tubs on our back patio. :) I turned our hot water heater up as far as it would go and hooked our garden hose to the washing machine spout so I got pure hot water. I let it soak for about 1 hour (constantly stirring) and followed the directions I found here: http://offbeatbride.com/2009/02/how-to-dye-crinoline
  • Options
    im sewing cups in and wearing undies from VS. 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards