Second Weddings
Options

vow renewal!! i do again

So me and my husband decided to renew our vows and have a cermony for.close friends and family. We've only been married for 3 years but we would like to reaffirm our commitment to eachother and do ot the right way. I have my dress appt at David's bridal at march 7th 3:00.. this is a wedding I've never had. We are even doing new rings keeping the past in the past and moving forward. We are getting married again in a church and a reception to follow. : in the middle of march we are also do I said I do again pictures to cute.. im excited...

Re: vow renewal!! i do again

• Options
    happyfor25happyfor25 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_my-weddings-in-6-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:8791c56e-bad3-42b3-995b-40c56b9fd4e0Post:5ec7e7c3-37f0-4464-969a-c1d2c74fb16b">vow renewal!! i do again</a>:
    [QUOTE]So me and my husband decided to renew our vows and have a cermony for.close friends and family. We've only been married for 3 years but we would like to reaffirm our commitment to eachother and do ot the right way. I have my dress appt at David's bridal at march 7th 3:00.. this is a wedding I've never had. <strong>We are even doing new rings keeping the past in the past and moving forward</strong>. We are getting married again in a church and a reception to follow. : in the middle of march we are also do I said I do again pictures to cute.. im excited...
    Posted by MsOreo91[/QUOTE]

Did you do it "wrong" the first time?  You may not get positive feedback about your plan here. Typically, couples reaffirm their vows at milestone anniversaries. 

To the bolded:  have you had something difficult happen within the past three years that you want to move on from?  If so, it is wonderful that you have worked through it and want to recommit to one another. 

Best of luck to you.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yes so very difficult happen in the past 3 years.

n Response to Re:vow renewal!! i do again:[QUOTE]In Response to vow renewal!! i do again:So me and my husband decided to renew our vows and have a cermony for.close friends and family. We've only been married for 3 years but we would like to reaffirm our commitment to eachother and do ot the right way. I have my dress appt at David's bridal at march 7th 3:00.. this is a wedding I've never had. We are even doing new rings keeping the past in the past and moving forward. We are getting married again in a church and a reception to follow. : in the middle of march we are also do I said I do again pictures to cute.. im excited...Posted by MsOreo91Did you do it "wrong" the first time?nbsp; You may not get positive feedback about your plan here.nbsp;Typically,nbsp;couples reaffirm their vows at milestone anniversaries.nbsp;To the bolded:nbsp; have you hadnbsp;something difficult happen within the past three years that you want to move on from?nbsp; If so, it is wonderful that you have worked through it and want to recommit to one another.nbsp; Best of luck to you. Posted by happyfor25[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I think it is great! There are no rules for bow . I think you can have one whenever you want to have one.
  • Options
    I think it is great! There are no rules for bow . I think you can have one whenever you want to have one.

Who are you talking to? This is nine months old.
  • Options
    I understand the want to have a vow renewal after overcoming difficult times in the past.  Typically though vow renewals happen at a significant anniversary.  Not 2 -3 years out, to some that may look a little gift grabby. 

There are etiquette rules that should be followed when planning any event period.  Vow renewals are not to be a complete wedding re-do.  You can wear a lovely dress and your groom a tux - but forego the attendants on both sides (unless you have children). Showers and such are also not something that needs to be planned. At the anniversary party it's just that, no first dance, no parental dances, no bouquet toss etc. It's not a reception but an anniversary party - you have been married for 3 years.  

I know that full on weddings are very expensive and I wouldn't want to spend that much money on a party again after only three years.  That is just my humble opinion though. 
  • Options
    Archeology
  • Options
    Thanks Right1 ~ Feeling dumb....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards