Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

One biological father, and another who's been like a 2nd father -- need two songs.

My dad (thankfully) is still with us, and I will be dancing with him at my wedding, which will be highlighted by the DJ. However, when I was in high school, I baby sat every day after school for a wonderful couple of two boys; one with special needs. Needless to say, I've never lost touch with this family, and the father always tells people I'm his "adopted daughter he can't claim on taxes" (yes he's joking about the tax part). I want to have a song to dance with him to, but something that won't take away from the dance with my biological father. My biological father is very sensitive about this, so I won't even have the song with my second father announced. I'm just going to tell his wife the song prior to make sure he's sitting at the table when I walk over once the song is playing. Right now, the songs I've narrowed down for my biological dad are "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith (my favorite band, and my dad and I did watch "Armageddon"), "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin (dad is a classic rock fan) or "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time on You" by *NSYNC (My dad went to one *NSYNC concert with me and had to sit through thousands of screaming girls).

My second father is into rock and metal (let's put it this way...his wedding song is "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica). I thought about taking "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin and removing that from the list for a song to dance to with my dad, but after listening to it multiple times, I thought that one may make my biological dad upset.

HELP!

Re: One biological father, and another who's been like a 2nd father -- need two songs.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    I only ahve a few suggestions: Beside You be Queensryche, Sometimes You Can't Make It On You Own by U2, and Just Like A Father To Me by Allies.  Maybe you should talk to your second father and see if he has any ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards