Pre-wedding Parties

Bridesmaid's Luncheon with non-bridal party friends

With my fiance and I both being one of 5 siblings, and being fortunate to have several close friends, and wanting to keep our bridal parties small, we opted to just have a Maid of Honor and a Best Man. He is having his only brother, and because I don't have any sisters, my MOH is my very close friend who is also my fiance's cousin, who also introduced us. I want to find a way to host a sort of Bridesmaids' Luncheon closer to the wedding to include friends that have helped with the wedding, went to the bachelorette, etc., without making it awkward that they are not bridemaids. I also don't want my MOH to feel slighted that I am including other friends. How is the best way to achieve this? Note: I have a few friends that were a little upset that I didn't have a larger bridal party and that they are not in my wedding. Help!

Re: Bridesmaid's Luncheon with non-bridal party friends

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    AllMF said:
    With my fiance and I both being one of 5 siblings, and being fortunate to have several close friends, and wanting to keep our bridal parties small, we opted to just have a Maid of Honor and a Best Man. He is having his only brother, and because I don't have any sisters, my MOH is my very close friend who is also my fiance's cousin, who also introduced us. I want to find a way to host a sort of Bridesmaids' Luncheon closer to the wedding to include friends that have helped with the wedding, went to the bachelorette, etc., without making it awkward that they are not bridemaids. I also don't want my MOH to feel slighted that I am including other friends. How is the best way to achieve this? Note: I have a few friends that were a little upset that I didn't have a larger bridal party and that they are not in my wedding. Help!

Um, not to be impolite, but why don't you just not call it a bridesmaids luncheon? Friends luncheon would be ok. If you want to make them feel they are special guests, you could invite them to the bride's room to get ready with you, too.
  • Agreed. Just invite your friends and SIL(s) out to lunch. You could present them each with a small gift/token of thanks, or a bouquet of flowers, or a card/note...or nothing at all.

Say thank you, try to keep the conversation off of your wedding, and you're good to go.

• AllMF said:
    I think you should just have everyone for lunch without titling the lunch. It can just be Lunch.
    Take the MOH out separately.
  • I think a low key luncheon would be fun. Generally an engagement party would take care of this.
  • I think a low key luncheon would be fun. Generally an engagement party would take care of this.

But, it would be against etiquette for the OP to throw her own engagement party...so let's just stick with her taking her friends out to lunch. ;-)

• Similar situation here! I have decided to call it Bridal Party luncheon. Briedsmaids, wedding planer (friend), and other friends who are helping me DIY : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards