New Jersey - South

Affordable Philadelphia Wedding

I'm trying to keep my wedding cost under my tight budget of $5000. I have 110 guests and would love the wedding venue to be outdoor or have an outdoor option. I would like it to stay in Philly but I am okay with it being in south Jersey also. My wedding colors are red, black, and white and I have a Philadelphia theme. A BYOB place would even better. Can anyone help me find a venue that is cheap but beautiful?

Re: Affordable Philadelphia Wedding

• Look into Moorestown Community Center, Gibson House in Evesham Twp, or Cooper River Boathouse, all in NJ.  They all have an outdoor option.  You can also choose your own caterer (some have preferred caterers), any of the caterers should be able to work within your budget.  If you have a ceremony and reception at a non-meal time, you will be able to stretch your budget even further.  Have your ceremony at either 2pm or 8 pm and then you can follow it up with an appetizer/cake or dessert only reception.  You probably won't need as much booze for these types of receptions either.  You can still get a DJ and have a party atmosphere, just remember that your reception probably won't be a typical 5 hour blowout, but you can still have a great party!
  • The Moorestown Community House and the Boathouse unfortunately no longer let you use your own caterer: you have to pick from the ones on their list. :( I'm also on the quest for a "reasonably priced" wedding and we wound up selecting the Community House in Moorestown. For a Saturday night, the venue was a little more than we wanted to spend, but if you pay the whole fee at once, they do give you a discount. This discount also carries over to some of their caterer vendors, which is a nice break too. The boathouse is definitely a cheaper site rental (and does have killer views of the skyline), but doesn't have as many perks as the Community House seemed to offer (the grounds are really pretty and the building itself is spectacular too). The Haddon Fortnightly in Haddonfield is another better cost space in the area to look into too.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards