Options

QOTW: How did you meet your FI/H?

How did you meet your FI/H?
-------
I'm getting ready for work so I will answer this later :P
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: QOTW: How did you meet your FI/H?

• Options
    I was friends with one of his family members and we met that way.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LotusLeaf20LotusLeaf20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We worked at the same country club as servers and then we got to know each other better a year later because we went to the same college. :)
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We met through mutual friends. FI was actually married when we met. Him and his wife had a baby and tried to make it work. She was an evil biotch and they ended up splitting up.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We meet at church. A preacher who used to be the pastor of the church I attended, was his current pastor. I had dated one of their grandsons and they wanted to introduce me to him. I declined the offer since I had a  bf at the time but we became friends on FB and after that relationship ended, we started talking and here we are now :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Actually we met online... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We met at a friend's 18th birthday party. Fell in love at first sight and kissed for the first time a few hours after we had shaken hands. 
  • Options
    I was a freshman in college, joining a sorority. He was an upperclassman already in a fraternity. Typical frat boy/sorority girl love story haha.
  • Options
    FI actually went to university with some of my best friends from high school. My friends invited me up to a big party in the university town that he was hosting. It was a pig roast wih beer kegs and I don't eat pig or really drink beer lol. Glad I went :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We met at work, he was a manager and his cubicle was adjacent to my managers cubicle but on the other side of a row in the call center. He overheard me asking for a day off and asked if maybe we could hang out instead of doing what I originally had planned which was an audition. 

• Options
    We met online
  • Options
    We were on the robotics team in high school, but we never worked together and I didn't like him because the one time we were suppose to work together, he wouldn't let me help or even talk to me (this makes total sense now, but I thought he was a sexist jerk at the time). So that's where I met him. Then we had chemistry class together and we somehow got started talking. One of the guys in his lab group was dating someone in mine, so he would hang out at our table. We would see FI walk by kinda starring and our table and we thought he just wanted Joe back. Apparently he was also checking me out. And yes, we did have a month of that awkward high school, "I don't know if they like me" dance, aided by the many friends in our class who knew I liked him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I hired him :-) 

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were working at a summer camp for developmentally challenged adults. I was the dish girl/ all around maintenance person and he was the chef's helper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We met through a mutual friend 9 years ago. We remained really good friends and he was my rock through my divorce. We became really close through my divorce process, nothing happened between us prior or during this time, and once I was divorced we decided to try dating to see how it would go. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmacchcmacch member
    We went to high school together and had a few mutual friends but somehow didn't even speak until 5 years after I graduated.  I always thought he was cute, so when the opportunity finally came to meet up with him in a group, I jumped on it.
  • Options
    Went to two different high schools, had a few mutual friends, ended up texting randomly one day when a friend had used my phone to text him and he responded later when I wasn't with her. We ended up chatting and texting ALL the time, eventually we went on a date and almost 6 years later we have graduated high school, graduating college in a few months and planning our wedding! He is an amazing and supportive person, so excited to spend my life with him!
  • Options
    My friend said I had to meet him and having been the victim of multiple matchmaking attempts, I said I'd friend him on Facebook and if something happened great.  He was cleaning up his friends list and decided to meet me instead of delete me..so we met at Starbucks and it was a six hour coffee date.  :)  She was right with this one! 
  • Options
    SereneTigerSereneTiger member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    We met at a college event that I put together. I was President of my religious organization on campus and it was the first event of the year. I really wanted it to go well so gave myself a pep talk to be more outgoing and promised myself to start conversations and make friends. 

So, I got to the event and there was a GREAT turnout and while getting food this guy started talking to me. We started talking and he invited me to a hockey tailgate later that weekend and the rest is history! Of course the first person I would talk to would end up being the love of my life but thats how things work out I guess!

He likes to say that his grandmother (who had passed away a few months before we met) had a hand in us meeting. Regardless, I'm so happy that we did and can't wait for the wedding!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    r&c14r&c14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    Our best friends were dating each other so we were always together. We became best friends and 3 years later realized we should be together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hi all.

We met at scout camp, although we had apparently camped together years before, and we both knew each others sisters.

He kind of ignored me for a few days and eventually spoke after a lot of encouragement from everyone around. I think everyone on camp was cheering us on!

:)
  • Options
    A friend of mine was teaching in his home town. When she heard he would be coming to the town I live in to do an internship (13 hours away from there!), she told us to get in touch with each other. 
  • Options
    elf814elf814 member
    We met in college, worked together.  We ended up living together for about a year then.  We broke up after college, we reunited about five years later via facebook. 
  • Options
    We had crushes on each other in 8th grade. By the spring after high school he had hung out a few times, but I was a bit blind to the obvious and screwed up everything. Twenty years later we reconnected at a local festival he was tending bar at and here we are :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    We meet on Myspace, when it was popular lol, 5 1/2 yrs ago. 
  • Options
    We met through college during Junior Field for education majors, but we didn't see each other again for a half of a year and ended up sitting next to each other during graduation which is when he hit on me. I then added him to Facebook and we started our first date the day before NYE which ironically, he proposed on NYE the following year.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Oddly enough, we met through my ex boyfriend.  I didn't talk to him at all except in passing and social functions.  When my ex and I broke up, it was nasty.  My Fiancee sent me a random FB message telling me to keep my head up.  The rest is history
  • Options
    OKCupid!

I was sort of very casually dating a guy I didn't like all that much and got a message from him and thought what the heck. Met up at a cafe in a town in between us and I ended up totally infatuated with him (although he thought I didn't like him at first!). It ended up being like a four hour date. I'm pretty introverted so it takes a special person to keep me talking for that long :)
  • Options
    We met on a dating site.  I had been on it for a while going out on some dates (amazing how many weird people there are out there lol).  Anyway, got very busy at work and kinda gave up on the dating thing and didn't log on for about 5 months.  I decided to log on so I could delete my profile when I saw a message from my FI dated the day after the last time I had logged in (so 5 months before lol).  The message interested me enough that I wrote back.  And the rest is history so to speak :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards