Second Weddings

Invite list

This is my second marriage, but my FI's first. I was only married 2 1/2 years, and have been divorced for 6 years. This may seem silly, but do I have to invite all of the people to this wedding I invited to my first? My FI and I are trying to plan a small-ish wedding of 50-60. My first was over 150. There is no way I can plan the wedding we're talking about if I invite everyone from the first. But, I also don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Advice, please?

Re: Invite list

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    This is my second marriage, but my FI's first. I was only married 2 1/2 years, and have been divorced for 6 years. This may seem silly, but do I have to invite all of the people to this wedding I invited to my first? My FI and I are trying to plan a small-ish wedding of 50-60. My first was over 150. There is no way I can plan the wedding we're talking about if I invite everyone from the first. But, I also don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
    Advice, please?

No. One has nothing to do with the other. Where did you get this idea?
  • As Mrs.Right1 would say, invite those you would like to attend and don't worry about offending those you don't because you can always say, we kept it small as it was my second wedding. 

I will tell pretty much the same thing.  Invite those that you want to be in attendance. You really don't have to invite your cousins and all the family.  If any one asks you had a limited budget and wanted to keep it small. 

You won't hurt anyone's feelings, wedding ceremonies are personal and it has to do with the couple. 
  • Agree with the others! You have the right to plan the wedding you want. Last time, you wanted something larger; this time, you want something more intimate. There is nothing wrong with that! I had a large traditional wedding the first time and the second time, no one was invited. Not even parents. As Mikes said, if anyone asks, you only have to respond that you really wanted to keep it small and intimate.

• No one has said to me "You must do this..." I just don't want to hurt friends that I invited to my first wedding by not inviting them for this one. If I had an unlimited budget I'd invite everyone I know, but I don't. To have the wedding we want, I have to limit the guest list. But, my FI also doesn't like being the center of attention and having 50-60 people there is already too many, in his opinion.
  • There's absolutely no way to feel bound by who you invited to your first wedding. I invited about forty people (on my side) to my first wedding, but this time around I am only inviting 11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards