Iowa-Des Moines

Who does great Up-Do's in Urbandale / Madrid / Johnston areas?

Hi,

I live in Urbandale, getting married in Madrid - I need to find someone to do a trial run with for an up-do, and then of course the day of.  It looks like a somewhat difficult updo that I want, so I'm looking for recommendations for someone you know.  Any suggestions will be followed up on, so thank you in advance!!

Michelle

Re: Who does great Up-Do's in Urbandale / Madrid / Johnston areas?

• McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually always get my hair done at Cost Cutters in Johnston on Merle Hay.  Yes, I know - Cost Cutters?! I was referred there from a friend and always go to Jana, who's been there for 10 years. Although Jana is amazing at cuts and highlights/colors, she told me when I first got engaged not to ask her to do my updo because she isn't good at them.  She told me to go to another girl who works there who is the best she's seen.  I'm sure if you call up there you can find out who is the "rockstar" with updo's!  Prices are amazing too!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my hair done for a wedding once in Johnston at the Sage Tree. The Salon did the entire bridal party's hairs. Good stuff!
  • edited December 2011
    Britni Smith @ ELements Salon in Urbandale!!
  • Chelle1015Chelle1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up going with Melissa at Professional Image on 86th in Urbandale.  she and one other person there does the updo's.  She did a wonderful job with the trial run and had plenty of ideas, but really listened to what I wanted.  It is $75, which includes the trial run and wedding day hair do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards