Snarky Brides
Options

NWR - PPD: Pretty Prince Day?

2»

Re: NWR - PPD: Pretty Prince Day?

• Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having a half birthday or celebrating at another time of the year, but it's not something I would do.  To me, it would lose some of the significance because I see your birthday as a celebration of the day you were born.  So I think celebrating the day you were born makes more sense to celebrate on or at least near the actual day.  If that doesn't fit into the ideal summer party, then get creative, google, and adjust accordingly. 

I have a birthday in late August, which meant for my birthday I usually got school supplies.  As cool as trapper keepers were, I would have traded for a December birthday as a kid.
  • Options
    My birthday is June 29th and I always had great parties as a kid. 

Invitations were sent out earlier when everyone was still in school. Often my birthday was on the last day of school too- always fun parties, usually in the back yard. 

Because the 29th often falls part of the July long weekend (Canada Day), there were a couple people who couldn't come, but most did. Actually, I find more of my friends are busy for the long weekend now, as adults, than when I was younger. It was just me and my FI this past year for my birthday because everyone was away. 
  • Options
    My birthday is in April which is awesome.  But I know what you mean by not getting to wear the crown since my b-day usually fell during spring break so we weren't in school either.  I did always feel bad for the summer birthday kids though for sure.
  • Options
    My birthday is February 25th, and I've always loved my birthday. I think it is at the absolute perfect time of the year.

FI's birthday is December 12th. Maybe this next year I'll throw him a party on his half birthday. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards