Ohio-Columbus

Colors for an October wedding

Hello!
I am getting married October 5th 2013. Seeing as how it's only the first weekend in October and it may still be warm out, I wanted my wedding colors to be black, white and Tiffany blue. I'm nervous that people will wonder why I've chosen those colors when it's October. I've already bought some items in these colors, but should I change them? I've been conflicted with this for months now, but everyone keeps giving me the same response of "oh it's fine". I think they are all afraid ill have a nervous break down if they say other wise lol HELP!!!!

Re: Colors for an October wedding

• I love those colors! There's no rule that says your colors have to correspond to the season you're getting married in, so go for it! Plus, I think black and white can work for pretty much any time of the year and the blue will add a nice pop of color! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's your wedding! You can have whatever colors you want. Don't even worry about what anyone else thinks. Honestly, most people won't even care. That's just the bride in us worrying about details ; )
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_colors-for-an-october-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:07e17e13-6ddc-4239-b610-26de239e6e4aPost:20221121-c3c9-4580-9ce8-fed89c6bb051">Colors for an October wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!
    I am getting married October 5th 2013. Seeing as how it's only the first weekend in October and it may still be warm out, I wanted my wedding colors to be black, white and Tiffany blue. I'm nervous that people will wonder why I've chosen those colors when it's October. I've already bought some items in these colors, but should I change them? I've been conflicted with this for months now, but everyone keeps giving me the same response of "oh it's fine". I think they are all afraid ill have a nervous break down if they say other wise lol HELP!!!!
    Posted by ADWedding2013[/QUOTE]

Im getting married Oct 6th :) and my wedding colors arent fall themed at all! Its much more summery actually. Go with what reflects you, and itll turn out great :) congrats!
  • If you want those colors, go for them. Your wedding colors don't have to match the time of year, just what you and your FI desire.
  • Fall colors are so overdone that time of year. Keep what you have, I think it sounds pretty. Our wedding was 9/2012 and our colors were wine, plum, navy and gold.
  • I agree with the above posters...go with what you like.

I had an October wedding and went with the following colors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're getting married on the 26th and colors were a concern of mine as well. We went with Navy and Gray..basic, easy to find. Everything's always black, red and white in Ohio (buckeyes) so we wanted to stay away from that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards