Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party favors??

My MOH and BM have been incredibly generous in throwing my the bachelorette party of my dreams.  Of all the parties I have been to and helped with, I have never received a gift from the bride, but I was thinking of getting everyone who comes something small and meaningful or a small bottle of their favorite wine/liquor as a thank you for coming out and partying with me.  Is this appropriate?  I know a hostess gift is definitely in order and have already purchased that.

Just getting all my ducks in order and want to make sure I show my appreciation to everyone.

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker 
  Visit The Knot!

Re: Bachelorette Party favors??

• My MOH and BM have been incredibly generous in throwing my the bachelorette party of my dreams.  Of all the parties I have been to and helped with, I have never received a gift from the bride, but I was thinking of getting everyone who comes something small and meaningful or a small bottle of their favorite wine/liquor as a thank you for coming out and partying with me.  Is this appropriate?  I know a hostess gift is definitely in order and have already purchased that.

Just getting all my ducks in order and want to make sure I show my appreciation to everyone.

Thanks!

I'd say no. Why not just send each person a thank you note after the party?

My MOH had a few "bachelorette" games that we played before going out, and she had a party gift table where everyone could select something (Bath & Body works lotion, cake pop makers, bottle of wine, etc)

I didn't think it was necessary, but it's something she wanted to do.

• I've been to 2 bachelorette parties in the past 4 months. One bride gave us our favorite mini bottle of liquor. One gave us a bag filled with a $5 Starbucks gift card, cup, mini Diet Coke, and glow sticks/beads to wear out one night.
  • It's a very sweet idea, but personally I'd just write heartfelt thank you notes. It's not that it's inappropriate, but I'd just save your money since it's not necessary.
    *********************************************************************************

• Your idea is very nice so you can do it to your friends. Appreciation can be express in different ways, so even if you haven't receive a gift from other brides during their parties, it doesn't mean that you can do it too. You can also try some other keepsakes that will surely surprise your friends.
  • Instead of favors, buy a round of drinks to toast your guests. Everyone will appreciate that and will get exactly what they want, without you having to guess at the liquor favors. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards