Chit Chat

Wedding Dreams/Nightmares

I just had my first wedding-related nightmare, about dress and headpiece shopping.

I was shopping with my mom for what would essentially be a going-away outfit for most people, but was going to be my wedding dress, and we couldn't find anything that fit me and didn't make me look like a whale, that wasn't black or navy or brown, and didn't cost a fortune. I eventually bought a little black dress with a weird beaded panel, and then was trying to find a headpiece to go with it and everything in the store was turquoise and it was just really weird. So I bought a turquoise head band with some ribbons and crystals and stuff on it.

Next thing I know, I'm halfway down the aisle, in shoes that don't fit me, and I realize I'm not wearing pantyhose.

Bizarre, right?

Have you had any wedding-related dreams/nightmares?
imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

Re: Wedding Dreams/Nightmares

• I had a dream that my mom planned our reception and it was a redneck backyard bbq. By redneck I don't mean all backyard affairs are redneck, I mean pickup trucks, gravel, a fire pit. And no one even knew I had gotten married so it was just all these people getting drunk in the driveway.

I wonder why we have thses dreams?

Haha, I hate turquoise for anything other than an accent color in a home, so that IS a nightmare.

• Oh wow @alisonmarie658! Good luck! Keep me posted if you have any bizarro dreams!

kefryar - I don't mind turquoise too much (my hair is currently a mix of turquoise and green), but my wedding colours are silver and pistachio, so a turquoise headband and beaded LBD is kinda not what I had in mind... I'm honestly more freaked out by the getting halfway down the aisle before realizing I'm not wearing pantyhose! lol
  • BelthilBelthil member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2013
    I had my first nightmare this weekend, which I thought was really good considering the wedding is next weekend. I actually had 3 in one night but can only remember one now.

We already had the ceremony and we're sitting eating dinner when I realize I had forgotten my veil. I stood up and declared that we needed to do everything all over again and that the ceremony wasn't valid because I didn't have my veil.

My mother and I finished making my veil on Saturday so I'm guessing that had something to do with it.

Eta: paragraphs and formatting
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Belthil said:
    I had my first nightmare this weekend, which I thought was really good considering the wedding is next weekend. I actually had 3 in one night but can only remember one now. We already had the ceremony and we're sitting eating dinner when I realize I had forgotten my veil. I stood up and declared that we needed to do everything all over again and that the ceremony wasn't valid because I didn't have my veil. My mother and I finished making my veil on Saturday so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. Eta: paragraphs and formatting
    How did you get so close to the wedding without any nightmares? I want to know your secret!

I'm sure the fact that you and your mom just recently finished the veil had a lot to do with it.
  • FI bought a total gym some weeks ago. Since then I have had two dreams of my dress zipping up perfectly (right now I have weight to lose to make that happen!)

Other than that, so far no nightmares

• @urbaneca I have no idea, I know I've been really lucky to get this far!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I really envy you ladies who don't have wedding nightmares. Last night's one was explicit and not fun at all. (I had to go round to each of our guests' houses and... "elicit a certain reaction from them"... or my marriage would be doooooomed) Needless to say, I woke up very uncomfortable at the thought of speaking to anyone in my family ever again.

I'm on my way to meet with one of the potential photographers for our wedding now. Wish me luck!
  • I had another one last night!

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2013
    I had a few.  In one of them, my FI was ambivalent about getting married.  He was just "yea, sure, lets get married, I guess.  Why not?"  He assured me when I told him that he very much wanted to marry me!

In another one, I went to the church before the wedding and saw that the cake and cupcakes had arrived.  Anyway, this girl who used to be an acquaintance in high school, who was not invited, was there and she was eating the cupcakes and had already eaten about half of them!  (She has always been very overweight.)   So she sees the cake and she wants to eat it to.  And I told her NO and that she had to get out of the church.  But she wouldn't leave.  So I picked up the cake and started to walk outside.  She wanted the cake so she followed me.  She followed me outside and then I turned around and ran back in with the cake and locked her out!

In another one, we were in Miami at this certain hotel I've stayed in before.  It was the day before the wedding and suddenly, we realized we'd forgotten to send invitations.  So we were frantically calling up people and saying, "Hey, you wanna come to the wedding?  It's, umm, tomorrow."  Also, I kept finding more and more stains on my wedding dress.
  • I have had a few dreams but none were really nightmares. In one, I got to venue via skydive (in my dress and everything) then walked down the aisle to On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons. My fiance happened to mention that song the next day (in real life, not dream land) so we are using an instrumental version as our recessional song. No sky diving, though.

My favorite dream related to our wedding was the one my fiance's sister/bridesmaid had. She dreamed that during the reception we did a choreographed dance acting out the plot of Peter Pan while my maid of honor rapped. 
  • I think its normal. I had a dream that on my wedding day i forgot my veil, my heel broke, there was a stain on my dress, and i tripped walking down the aisle.
  • No wedding ones yet, but prior to getting engaged I was really wanting to be engaged, so I had a lot of dreams where he proposed and then I'd be all disappointed when I woke up. Glad that's over!
  • I've had a few mostly they are all the same.  Mine are of the morning of the wedding and everything is so unorganized and no one is getting ready.  My hair is half done my bridesmaids aren't getting dressed.  It's like the friends episode the one where no one is getting ready for Ross's museum benefit but no one is doing lunges.  The dream has happened  3 times since we've been wedding planning. 

Anniversary

• My sister was one who didn't have any, but that could be because she kind of lived her own nightmare. Her work sent her on a business trip out of state the week of her wedding. She left Monday morning, got home at 11pm Thursday night, and got married Saturday morning. We had events all day Friday so me and our parents were scrambling to finish everything without her.

I had the nightmare for her. I dreamed that it was the wedding day and my usually very slender sister was HUGELY pregnant. Our mom was trying to stuff her into her regular size dress and kept yelling 'suck in, suck in, I can get it!'

I had a couple dreams that I got to the end of the aisle and FI told me he couldn't do it and left...then IRL I found out he was cheating and left him. Prophetic, huh? 
  • My sister was one who didn't have any, but that could be because she kind of lived her own nightmare. Her work sent her on a business trip out of state the week of her wedding. She left Monday morning, got home at 11pm Thursday night, and got married Saturday morning. We had events all day Friday so me and our parents were scrambling to finish everything without her.

I had the nightmare for her. I dreamed that it was the wedding day and my usually very slender sister was HUGELY pregnant. Our mom was trying to stuff her into her regular size dress and kept yelling 'suck in, suck in, I can get it!'

I had a couple dreams that I got to the end of the aisle and FI told me he couldn't do it and left...then IRL I found out he was cheating and left him. Prophetic, huh? 
    Yikes! I'm so sorry to hear that!
  • I hate  wedding nightmares! I had one a couple months ago where it was my wedding day but all the plans were as I had them then...so nothing was done - centerpieces weren't finished, suits weren't in, no flowers, dress still had pins in it, etc.... Really hoping none of this actually comes true on the day!
  • I had crazy dreams about my veil. They involved something happening to my veil to ruin it, me forgetting it at home, or me forgetting to buy it completely. In one dream, I was getting ready to walk down the aisle and realized i had never bought a veil, so I had my mom find a lace table cloth and I used that! lol. idk whats up with the veil dreams. Apparently, in my sleep I even said, "Don't break my veil!" So weird.
    Anniversary

• I have had a few.  They're all pretty much the same.  I forget to plan what music to play so there is none at all and I'm too late getting to the location to get my hair or makeup done and no one will help me with it so I look like crap.
  • Omg! I almost never remember my dreams & I've had 3 that I've definitely remembered! The 1st one was about work. The 2nd one, I had weighed myself at the gym after my workout & was feeling a little bummed I haven't lost any weight. I've been doing a lot of weight lifting though & I'm sure it's related to building lean muscle. Anyways, in the 2nd dream, I realized I hadn't lost weight & was maintaining because I was Prego! 3 weeks before wedding! That was crazy. And the 3rd dream to date of craziness, was I had NO CLUE who my fiancé was!! I kept looking at the ring on my hand & thinking I've got to figure out who I'm engaged too! I was so relieved when I finally woke up!
  • I dreamed last night that it was my wedding day, i was in my dress and ready to go, and I realized I hadn't written my vows! I sat down to write and nothing came to mind. It was horrifying.
  • I had one where everyone was ready to go and I was standing there not having showered or brushed my teeth, just having rolled out of bed.  Ugh.  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • I've had several wedding nightmares.  In a few of them, it's like I've totally forgotten what day the wedding is and haven't done any planning, and someone frantically tells me that it's my wedding day and then I'm all surprised and totally unprepared.  In one, I realized on my wedding day that I never sent out invitations, so no one showed up.  I've had a few where I forgot to book a hair/makeup person so I end up looking really terrible because I try to do it myself.

Last night I had a dream that played out the ceremony.  I'm not sure I'd call it a nightmare exactly, but I showed up 40 minutes late to the ceremony because I couldn't stop crying (but good crying from being happy!), and then there was some weird thing in the ceremony where someone was trying to get the fiance and me to eat raw chicken (I know...I have really weird dreams) and I kept spitting it out and yelling about salmonella.
  • I have them all the time!!  Last night I had one where I got to the venue and they only set up tables and chairs for 30 people and when I tried to find more all they had were desks (I am a teacher) and they had no more place settings (that just so happened to match the dishes we put on our registry).  Then, when I went to confront the coordinator (the original one we had) she wasn't there.  The receptionist lady was like "Oh, since you're here, lets cut your cake!"  We got to my cake, it was a sheet cake poorly iced with a topper that cut like the texture of cream cheese mints.  I began freaking out and went back to the ceremony area and everyone arrived!  AND THE CHAIRS WERE MISSING!!! Then I fell into a lake that magically appeared behind the gazebo. 

It was awful!
  • LuxaniLuxani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2013
    I've had a 3 or so. The first one my fiance and I were standing up front, but neither of us had our wedding clothes, there was no music, and no one knew what to do at all. We were just.. standing in front of everyone just staring at each other haha. The second one was weird. We were at some huge old church by the ocean and there were hundreds of other couples in line to get married. Once we finally got to the front, we realized we didn't have our outfits.. The third was the weirdest. We had to hike through a jungle until we came upon a cathedral in ruins and plants were all growing inside it. And then I went down into the "basement" and saw my fiance with a hair net on, cooking all the food for the reception. 
  • I've had 2 so far....both were just about chaos.  People missing from the bridal party in two different scenarios both supposedly during the ceremony or reception.  Not caring and doing their own thing.  Weird.  My Fiance was not in either dream. 

Not sure what it meant but was weird none the less. 

• I've had a few before, but usually after a few minutes after waking up, I can't really remember, but the last new nights I've had a couple that I still remember:

1) (FI is a firefighter. Boston isn't a volunteer department, so he has a set schedule (but does get called for overtime/fill-in, but he usually gets at least a day's notice. But, they don't have beepers/pagers) One dream I've had a couple times is that we're at our ceremony, and just as he's supposed to say "I do," his beeper and all the beepers of his FF buddies in the audience go off, and they all run out of the church (we're not even getting married in a church - we're jewish! and it's an outside ceremony anyways...!) to the ladder truck that is conveniently waiting in front...

2) FI and I have started eating differently (healthier, lower fat, higher protein) and while absolutely delicious, there is also a bit more fiber in the food...uh, if you catch my drift. ;) 
    Anyway, last night I was channel flipping and "Bridesmaids" was on. Later on, I had a dream where I was Maya Rudolph's character in the scene where they're trying on dresses in the uber-high-end salon...

In my defense...when I take nyquil or benadryl or anything along those lines, like I did last night, my dreams get completely crazy weird... :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Clarification: I only mentioned the part about eating healthier/differently, cause they say you usually dream about some when it's been on your mind. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg I have had tons of wedding nightmares!  We had a 2 year engagement so there was a lot of time to panic over stupid things.  I think one was we forgot to send the invitations out and had to call people and no one could make it.  Another my parents didn't show up because they were relaxing at home together (they are divorced).  The worst one was the morning of the wedding and my dress wouldn't fit, it was too small and I had to get married in a maxi dress I borrowed from my cousin.  Needless to say after that one I really stuck to a healthy diet and working out 6 days a week haha!  Only 2 weeks to go now so hopefully no more nightmares!
  • I've had various dreams where it's the day of the wedding and I forgot to invite everyone, or the dress thats hanging in the bridal room isn't the one I picked out and I have to run around trying to find a dress. I've had some dreams about my hair too, that I forgot to make an appointment and nobody could get me in that day. What a nightmare! Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards