Iowa-Des Moines

Historical Building

Have any of you DSM Knotties held, or toured the Historical Building as a possible venue? I am currently planning an August or September '11 wedding and am running out of options for venues.
Any info or other suggestions would be great. Thanks!

When it happens, it happens.

Re: Historical Building

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard a lot of the ladies on here that have had their weddings there. They all give great reviews.

We went to a wedding there in late August and it was HOT, it being outside the only time you could really go cool off was to go to the bathroom or when you were in line for food.

I would said that it would depend on what time you were having it. When we went it was about 6pm.

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • ltykaltyka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We toured and and LOVED the outside decks.  They're beautiful and huge and have a fantastic view of downtown and the capitol.  But we didn't want to be too dependent on weather, so we opted against it.   They also have a neat inside venue - basically the whole first floor of the place.  It just wasn't exactly what we had in mind.   We ended up booking the Temple for Performing Arts.
  • ColeyReneeColeyRenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the historical building doesn't work out and you haven't checked out zart1312 I highly recommend it.  Located on Locust downtown.  We're booked there for 9/10/11 and love it :)  It's a newer location that I think a bunch of people haven't heard of.  Temple is also gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding on the first floor of the Historical Building. It was gorgeous.... very different. Of course, I love history and I've gone to the Historical building regularly my whole life. It's a great location!
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards