Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Seperate invites for multiple people in a household?

I am inviting a family with 4 childen, who are all highschool age or older and allowing each to bring a guest. Do I need to send 5 invitations to the one house?  Is there any way to word it to send just 1 or is that way too much for 1 invitation?  Or should i just not invite guests for each of the children in the family?  

Re: Seperate invites for multiple people in a household?

• Options
    jenni1221 said:
    I am inviting a family with 4 childen, who are all highschool age or older and allowing each to bring a guest. Do I need to send 5 invitations to the one house?  Is there any way to word it to send just 1 or is that way too much for 1 invitation?  Or should i just not invite guests for each of the children in the family?  
    Anyone over the age of 18 gets their own invite. You can still give them each a plus one if they have SOs but you don't have to if they are truly single
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2013

Since they're all at least teenagers...it might be best to just invite each with a boyfriend/girlfriend.

You can call up the mom and let her know that the SO's of those under 18 are welcome, too. I always loved attending weddings in highschool/college with my boyfriend...so you'd look like the coolest bride ever if you can afford the extra guests.

Invite each "kid" over 18 with his/her own invite and their SO by name, as applicable.

• Options
    Any adult children should get their own invitation.  For those that are still in high school, you can put them on their parents'.  It's fine to send individual ones to the teens, but it's wasteful and a little counterproductive.  

You are under no obligation to invite dates or even s/o's of minors, but if you decide to, it would probably be easier to simply enclose a note.  Something like "Susie and Jane are welcome to bring their boyfriends; please include names on the RSVP" would work.  
  • Options
    huynhette said:
    jenni1221 said:
    Anyone over the age of 18 gets their own invite. You can still give them each a plus one if they have SOs but you don't have to if they are truly single

Agreed.
  • Options
    I sent four invitations to one house (all adults, some older or disabled). It's a drag, but the safest and most respectful approach.
  • Options
    scribe95 said:
    I know it's against etiquette but I had a few instances of this and just sent one invitation to the home. On the inner envelope I wrote out the specific names and guest.
    I did this for one invite.  The invite went to H's Uncle and his 3 boys.  The oldest was 19 (?) at the time and was not in a relationship and the other two were still in high school.  So H and I just sent once invite to all 4 of them.  We were fine with this because we know the Uncle and sons well and they really wouldn't know correct etiquette if it bit them in the ass.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards