Ohio-Columbus
Options

Bridal Shower Help

Can you recommend a cheap venue and/or caterer that would handle a 20-25 person bridal shower?  Preferably around Easton.

FYI I am not throwing this for myself.  :)
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Bridal Shower Help

• Options
    edited September 2013
    AprilH81 said:
    FYI I am not throwing this for myself.  :)
    Are you sure?? Because we haven't had a good flaming on the Cbus board that I can think of... ;-p

I can't say enough about Schmidt's...I know broken record. It's like $17pp with tax, private room rental, gratuity. We're throwing our 5th party in a year there next month. Maybe we just reallllllly like sausage :-9

How cheap is cheap? There are plenty of shelter house options. Inniswood? 

There are party rooms at Lindey's and other Easton restaurants, but those aren't cheap by my standards.

We had my bridal luncheon, I didn't have a shower, at J. Lui's at Crosswoods on a Sunday with the buffet. Like $18 pp not including beverages, tax & tip. But the brunch buffet is off the hook - seriously!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Carfagna's is not badly priced, we used them for our rehearsal dinner.
  • Options

$400 total budget (including tip, decorations, cake, etc.) for 20-25 ladies. The tentative date is November 16th so an outdoor venue won't work.

A stand alone caterer is an option because I have access to the clubhouse in my sister's neighborhood, we just want someone to be able to provide table service and do set up and tear down.

Confession: This is my shower.  I'm doing this for my Mom who is paying for my shower hosted by my MOH. My mom had hit a roadblock with the places she knew of (she doesn't live in Columbus) and only asked me because I have some hotel connections.  Once I provide her with a list of possibilities I won't be involved further

• Options
    Smiths deli, fazolis, as pp said carfangas would all be good places the check. Italian is usually cheaper.

I don't think anyone is going to jump on you about helping your mom with the logistics of your shower. The local boards are far more laid back. I'll try and think of some other suggestions. But Schmidts is really the cheapest we have found over the years - and with 6 weddings in my immediate fam we've got some experience looking for the cheap options :-p It will be cheaper I'd you are willing to pick it up and clean up after. Full service on site can get pricey.

• Options
    Smiths deli, fazolis, as pp said carfangas would all be good places the check. Italian is usually cheaper. I don't think anyone is going to jump on you about helping your mom with the logistics of your shower. The local boards are far more laid back. I'll try and think of some other suggestions. But Schmidts is really the cheapest we have found over the years - and with 6 weddings in my immediate fam we've got some experience looking for the cheap options :-p It will be cheaper I'd you are willing to pick it up and clean up after. Full service on site can get pricey.

My sister and I live over by Easton and this is the area of town Mom is familiar with.  She really wants to stay "close"  for convenience sake.  My sister has access to a clubhouse so doing set up and clean up is not out of the question, she would just rather sit back and enjoy the day if possible.

She is also considering making some/all of the food herself (she did for my sister's shower) but would rather hire someone if it fits in the budget.

I found a handful of caterers that the food prices are in line with the budget but I have no clue what the other rental/servers will cost.  That is up to them to figure out.  :)

Thanks everyone!

• Options

Check at the local colleges for people to help set up and clean up. There are always college kids wanting to make a few extra dollars. You would probably only 2-3.

• Options
    Check with shoelaces catering. Did I already tell you about them when you were venue searching? They are really good and inexpensive. Out of Wilmington, but cover cbus area too. WWW.shoelacescatering.com

• Options
    Thanks everyone!  I sent some information over to my Mom (including Shoelaces @photokitty) on Friday night.  Sunday she called that she had decided on Giammarco's in Westerville.  They waived the minimum so it was in her price range.  
  • Options
    I haven't been there, but have heard they have good food! Glad you found something in your neck of the woods that fit their needs :-)

• Options
    Check with shoelaces catering. Did I already tell you about them when you were venue searching? They are really good and inexpensive. Out of Wilmington, but cover cbus area too. WWW.shoelacescatering.com
    Do you know if they were any good?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    t2huey said:
    Do you know if they were any good?
    @t2huey I have been to several events and one wedding they have catered and I think they are very good. Super large portions too. The only thing I can't vouch for is the wedding cake. I don't remember it. The kabobs, chocolate covered strawberries and potato casserole are excellent!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards