Plus-Sized

Freaking Out...

I had a major breakdown last night.  My wedding is about a month away, YAY, but I'm so stressed.

I just started freaking out about how I'm going to look cause I'm not where I want to be with my weight.  My dress fits but it's TIGHT.  I also realized I have never actually tried to sit down in the dress so I'm worried about that.  The bridal salon has it for a other week so they can press it for my bridal portraits, I guess we will see how that goes when I get it back.

And I am also nervous about my wedding video and I feel like I'm going to hate it and never want to watch it cause of how I look. You can edit photographs but I can't do anything about the video.  My FI is being supportive and trying to reassure me that he thinks I'm beautiful but I just don't want to look back on my wedding and hate how I look.

Have any of you felt this way? Any Advise?

Re: Freaking Out...

• I am sure you will look fine!  I often feel the same way about myself but then I remember how many people love me for me and it makes it a bit easier.

As far as the fit, did you have your final fitting yet? I know most dresses come with a little extra in the seems so you can adjust it accordingly.  Also cut back/cut out salt as that is a major water retainer and hit the gym to sweat any excess salt out.  

But most of all smile and be happy! You're getting married!
  • I had a major breakdown last night.  My wedding is about a month away, YAY, but I'm so stressed.

I just started freaking out about how I'm going to look cause I'm not where I want to be with my weight.  My dress fits but it's TIGHT.  I also realized I have never actually tried to sit down in the dress so I'm worried about that.  The bridal salon has it for a other week so they can press it for my bridal portraits, I guess we will see how that goes when I get it back.

And I am also nervous about my wedding video and I feel like I'm going to hate it and never want to watch it cause of how I look. You can edit photographs but I can't do anything about the video.  My FI is being supportive and trying to reassure me that he thinks I'm beautiful but I just don't want to look back on my wedding and hate how I look.

Have any of you felt this way? Any Advise?
    Are you getting your hair and makeup professionally done?  I hate being photographed, however once I had on my dress and my hair and makeup were done, I felt absolutely amazing.  I did not shy away from any photos that day.  We have some amateur video, and I love that too!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards