Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Would you go back to a MUA that didn't match your makeup right?

hello. I had a bridal trial done and although I loved my eye makeup. My foundation looked caked on and a bit darker than my neck and chest. I had told the MUA that I loved it, but I was caught up in the excitement and my mom and aunt were telling me how beautiful I looked. My bridemaid was the only one that told(after we left the salon) me that it looked to cakey and didn't match. I'd like to go back because the eye makeup was great, but would it be rude to give the MUA a foundation and powder that does match my skin and tell her to make sure she blends it well??? Or should I continue the search for a makeup artist?? please help my wedding is november and I don't have much time. 

Re: Would you go back to a MUA that didn't match your makeup right?

• You can go back and tell her the issues you had with the foundation and powder, possibly bring your own, and see if you can get another trial that looks better.  Or, you could just go to another make-up artist to see if they do better.
  • It is never wrong to tell the MUA that the foundation just wasn't up to snuff. Tell her your worries and make sure to look at the color and blending she does before she moves on to the rest of your face. Speak up if it doesn't look right and have her fix it. It may even be worth it to go for another trial and tell her that when you got home you notice that the color was a bit off and it wasn't blended well.

• I'd go back with the foundation and see what she can do.  If it were me, I'd want to know before my wedding that she could do it and that it looks good.  Even if that meant paying a little more.   Peace of mind is priceless.
  • Thank you Ladies!! I think I will go back and have another trial. And this time speak up! thank you for your comments! very appreciate it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards