Kentucky

Cheap Wedding Venue in Louisville KY

My fiance and I are paying for our wedding. We have been dating for 7 years and we are so excited to finally be getting married. However, we have been unable to locate a wedding reception venue for 100 guests. Our budget for food and venue is $2,000.00 not including tax and gratuity. Our wedding is taking place on Jan. 11 2014 and we would obviously need a indoor reception area. We are not looking for anything high-end. We are a couple of Sci-fi geeks and are wanting to decorate it ourselves. Does anyone have any places that could work for us?

Thank you so much!!
Jess and Joe

Re: Cheap Wedding Venue in Louisville KY

• My church has a reception hall. St. Michael Orthodox Church-on Hikes Ln and Furman Blvd. Don't know how much it is to rent. I don't think it's that expensive. They have their own caterer who is pretty reasonable ($12-$17 a person). You can bring in your own alcohol and bartenders. I think you can even bring in your own caterer. To inquire #454-3378. 
  • Lauren - You are right - St. Michael Orthodox Church does have a great reception venue. It's been a couple years since I've visited, but I recall there being a stage and plenty of room for tables, dance floor, etc.

Jess/Joe - Check out the Old Louisville Medical School building on 1st/Chestnut in the downtown district. It's reasonably priced, has plenty of room, parking and is quite accommodating for up to ~175 guests. Here is a link that can show you a little more information about it.

• I will check them out! Thank you both so much! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards