Wedding Woes
Options

It's a rainy Monday

How was the weekend?

Saturday we had soccer.  6let danced and played for 75 mins straight.  He's actually pretty good and has already learned about passing.  He's so sweet he even congratulates the other team when they score.  DH took the kids for a few hours and I got some random cleaning done- the backs of couches, steps, the sliding door tracks.

Sunday was the PAAAARTay!  The weather was perfection and everyone had a ball.  I'm still a little shocked how much food we went through.  I was expecting leftovers this week, but we polished off 6 lbs of taco meat, 5 lbs of wings, a whole watermelon, tons of veggies, 60 mozzarella sticks, 50 pepperoni bites, and all but 4 pieces of Costco cake.  I'm sad about the cake.

Re: It's a rainy Monday

• Options

The birthday boy

• Options
    All the pics from the party are great, but I especially loved the family pics of the five of you.  :)

Weekend was OK.  DefConn has some sort of virus.  He's in a good mood, but his fever will not stay down w/o ibuprofen. DH left for CT this morning.  He'll be back Thursday.  I've been up since before 4am because DH had to leave by 5am and as soon as he was walking out the door, DefConn was up screaming his head off.  I tried to bring him to my bed, but he never went back to sleep.  ::sigh::

We went to Irish Fest this weekend with our neighbors.  They had free tickets.  It was a lot of fun.  When we got home, we hung out with our neighbors some more and I ended up having way too much vodka.  I paid for it dearly yesterday.

• Options

Love the bday pics!  Everything looked geat.

Our weekend was full of driving.  We left at 6am on Saturday and got to our hotel at 7pm.  Then we left yesterday at 8am and got home around 3pm.  We're all exhausted.

Oh, and DD1 puked yesterday evening and ran a fever.  She's still got a fever this morning, so I'm keeping her home from school.  She's so sad and keeps telling me she misses her friends.

• Options
    Aww that's so sad Taw!!  I hope she starts feeling better soon.
  • Options

Sick kids are sad.  Even more sad when they want to see their friends.

(party note- ILs showed up 30 mins early so they wouldn't miss kick off and sFIL spent the day in front of the game.)

• Options
    Pretty decent.  Finally saw Star Trek (which I loved, though I thought Cumberbatch was so-so), Saturday tackled laundry, dishes and ironing mountain, yesterday went for a hike, did our grocery shopping (went to Aldi's for the first time in years, it was good and we saved money, but shopping took 2 hours instead of our usual hour, not sure of actual payoff yet) and caught up on some Under the Dome.  Good weekend, back on our meal plan and actually feeling ready for the week (although we slept later that desired this morning).
  • Options
    @VarunaTT- I have a love/hate relationship with Aldi.  It takes more time and I can't always do a whole menu with it, but it's almost always cheaper.  Their canned tomatoes are terrible.
  • Options

He's so cute. Awww. I'm sure he had a great day.

Friday, I stopped by the mall after work.

Sat, I helped my sister set up for her party, and probably had too many glasses of wine.

Sunday, I watched church online(blame it on the wine) and stayed on my sofa all day.

• Options
    Loved the b-day pics. Especially the funny face family shot. Mr. 6 DOES smile! and he counts it as a funny face!

Friday we didn't go to services but had a low key evening at home that included a bottle of wine. It was lovely.

Saturday we went to services and then to my ILs' so no-so-Fat-Cat could hang out in the yard. He's getting worse with the walking. He's still eating, drinking and using the litter box though he has a lot of trouble walking to the box. The supplements seem to be perking him up a bit. He actually ate a decent amount yesterday. I just don't know how long we can keep him going like this.

Sunday H did homework, I ran some errands with DD, and then my friend came over. We went to the local nature center and walked around and took DD to the play ground. Then we had an amazing sushi dinner.

And now it's Monday.
  • Options
    It is a rainy Monday but today is my 27th Birthday and I am getting married in 5 days.... so I am feeling good!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I ahve the sniffles.  
    But overall, the weekend was a success.
    Went over and hung out w/ my parents yesterday.  Mom isn't 'herself' but is much improved.
  • Options
    The silly faces pic is one of my favorites.  @Nolabridesmaid- I'm giggling at watching church online. 
  • Options
    DD had a cold all weekend.  I caught it on Saturday night.  I still feel really awful.  And now the coughing has started.   Ugh.
    We had guests over the weekend and it was very, very interesting.  And weird.

• Options
    We bought mostly fresh produce (I was pretty impressed w/it) and a few dry staples.  I looked at the meat and didn't like it.  Some of the things were still cheaper @ Sams or the grocery stores.  I'll have to start carrying my price book again to be able to really compare.  It was okay, but the crowd is stressful.  That also can be blamed on getting a late start on Sunday.  We spent right at $50 and I suspect that it saved us probably $20-$30.  It did mean going out of our way w/grocery shopping, but I suspect it's probably going to end up worth it.  We just need to plan better.  Plus, once I know the lay of the land a bit more, it'll be easier.

Plus we couldn't get our cart to come loose, so a lady just gave us hers and we gave her our quarter.  I thought of DG.
  • Options
    Weekend was meh, but I don't live in Boulder or Estes Park or Longmont, so I'm calling it a raving success.

Thursday the basement flooded. The whole basement. H came home early from work - like, at 9:30 in the morning - and forbade me from leaving the house because everything was flooded, so I called in to work. He spent three hours in the yard digging a trench to divert water from the rabbit hole under our patio, which was funneling it into our basement window wells, and then into the basement. 

Called a plumber to fix the basement drain, and that and the water diversion meant we ended up with a high water line of only about an inch, inch and a half. The carpet was soaked, of course, and we had to pull everything up off the floor in like, two minutes, so we had shit all over the house. But Friday we had to work, so work we did.

Saturday BFFs husband came up and he and H pulled up all the carpets and padding. We have surprisingly excellent concrete down there, though, which means we won't have to recarpet right away, which will save us a little money. We have to pull down all the paneling, though, because it's damaged along the bottom, and it's ugly, so it looks like we're doing a basement remodel. 

The sun came out for a while on Saturday, too, which was nice. But it was gone by the time I went to church, and while I was gone, another storm blew through. We didn't have any issues, but there were drifts of hail along the road when we went to dinner. BFF came up for dinner and we hung out for a while afterward.

Sunday it rained, again, all day. I sang all morning, and then we went to the movies in the evening. 

It's sunny here in Aurora right now, and the lovely smell of gross water is starting to dissipate. We never lost power and didn't even lose any belongings except an old laptop we let Bacon use. She's a little sad, but I reminded her that 9-y-olds really don't need laptops. 

I'm looking forward to a week of sun and my Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers' conference this weekend. Oh, and I quit my magazine job, and Thursday is the last time I'm legally obligated to enter a WalMart, so things are looking up. 

I'm a little scared for winter, though. 
  • Options
    What a bummer Bmom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards