Wedding Reception Forum

Mother/Son Dance Alternatives

My father is not in the in the picture so there will not be a father/daughter dance.  My FI's mom would like to have a mother/son dance, but she has limited mobility (back issues) and we are worried that it might be too much for her.  Also, my FI isn't one for the spotlight, with our first dance the DJ will invite the guests to come up about halfway through.

My questions is - does anyone have any suggestions for another way to include a special mother/son moment?
We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: Mother/Son Dance Alternatives

• ktbabe530 said:
    My father is not in the in the picture so there will not be a father/daughter dance.  My FI's mom would like to have a mother/son dance, but she has limited mobility (back issues) and we are worried that it might be too much for her.  Also, my FI isn't one for the spotlight, with our first dance the DJ will invite the guests to come up about halfway through.

My questions is - does anyone have any suggestions for another way to include a special mother/son moment?

Are YOU concerned, or has your MIL expressed concern?

If it's you with the concerns, stay out of it and let her have her moment. FI can suck it up.

If it's her expressing the concern, do something similar to what you're doing for your first dance.

They don't have to dance to the entirety of a song. MIL and FI on the floor. Photographer snaps lots of pictures. MIL makes the sign (decide what this is in advance) to the DJ when she's "done dancing" so he can fade out the song and transition into something else.

No one will care or notice

• FMIL has expressed concern as well, so we'd like to give her some other options, just not sure what...

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • ktbabe530 said:
    FMIL has expressed concern as well, so we'd like to give her some other options, just not sure what...

The option is dance...or don't dance. There really isn't an in-between here.

Like I said, it doesn't need to be to a full song.

Make sure FI poses for a nice picture with his mom, and call it a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards