Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Fake Flowers vs Real?

Help!  I'm debating whether or not to do fake flowers vs. real.  Real flowers are sooo expensive and I'm not that picky I just want them to look nice. I was at JoAnn Fabrics recently and they have a huge selection of Fall flowers (my wedding is October 5th).  I was wondering who else has had this same type of idea and are the real flowers worth it?  Because let's be honest...unless someone comes up and examines the flowers, you can't really tell?  And then I'd have my bouquet forever :)  Any suggestions? 

Re: Fake Flowers vs Real?

• Options
    sams club is affordable, if you aren't afraid of a little DIY work...
  • Options
    I think you should do whatever you are comfortable with. Fake vs real flowers is really a personal preference. Some guests will be able to tell they are fake but it won't affect whether they have a good time or not. To me decor is all in what you want and what you are most comfortable with. If you can save money there, do it, and use the money to do things that will be more meaningful to you and your FI or to entertain guests.
  • Options
    ash289ash289 member
    First Comment
    I also second Sam's Club flowers. I was at a wedding recently and they had hydrangeas and roses as their centerpieces in various sized vases and they were stunning. I believe one of the bridesmaids helped make the bouquets and bouts. I am considering doing this as well.
  • Options

Like previous posts have said it's totally your personal preference because it's your wedding after all, but I would just be sure to price everything out before you make a decision. I did the flowers for my future SIL's wedding in May and we compared doing fake vs. Sam's club and for the amount of flowers we had to buy it was much, much cheaper to buy real ones from Sam's. So just be careful because fake isn't always the cheaper option.

• Options
    Definitely agree with everyone else. I'm going with SAMs club for the centerpieces and getting a bouquet of fake off of etsy. The ones on etsy are so beautiful it doesn't matter if it's fake.
  • Options
    I agree etsy is amazing. All of my bouquets and bouts are fake made on etsy. My wedding was inspired by the pittsburgh steelers. Here is one on my bouquets
  • Options
    I like Ninamarie's bouquet!

I am leaning towards fake flowers because I am not really a flower person and would rather spend the money on something else.
  • Options
    Check out budget blossoms by Jilliann. We are using her for our flowers and her prices were amazingly cheaper than anything else I looked at. A lot of brides on here are using her.
  • Options
    try Costco! We used them for my brother's wedding in 2010 and my sister's wedding in 2012. They arrange all the flowers for the bridemaids and bride and they were beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards