Florida-South Florida

Venue Help!

Hi! I just got engaged and I am already feeling stressed about venues! I grew up in Miami but I'm far from home these days and having trouble searching remotely. I am looking for a unique, mostly outdoor spot to have the reception (maybe the ceremony too) with a capacity of approximately 150. Other than Deering Estate, Vizcaya, Biltmore, Bath House and The Raleigh, do you have any suggestions? I would rather not have it a standard hotel.

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Venue Help!

• Congrats and welcome!

Check out these locations...
    - Thallatta Estate
    - Schnebly Redland's Winery
    - Miami Beach Botanical Garden
    - Parrot Jungle (Watson Island)
    - Pincrest Garden (depending if you are having a day only wedding)
    - Spanish Monestary
    - The Addison in Delray
    - Morikami Museum & Japanese Garden (Delray)
  • Thalatta Estate is just over from Deering Estate and is GORGEOUS!!!! sits right on the Bay and has a very beautiful view.  I'm having my wedding and reception there in November.  Tell Mary that Katie & Danny sent ya!! She is super sweet and easy to work with.  They also allow you to bring in all of your own vendors.  Good luck and keep us posted!!
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you want to stay in the Miami area or are you willing to go more north?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:271afa08-713a-4141-988b-6f717fc6ba6bPost:d21671bb-fd45-4886-8ac1-45b7df871db1">Re: Venue Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out these locations... - Thallatta Estate - Schnebly Redland's Winery - Miami Beach Botanical Garden - Parrot Jungle (Watson Island) - Pincrest Garden (depending if you are having a day only wedding) - Spanish Monestary - The Addison in Delray - Morikami Museum & Japanese Garden (Delray)
    Posted by Mademoiselle D[/QUOTE]

being a bride and a certified wedding planner ... i am familiar with a few of these listed. Spanish Monestary books WAY in advance (at least a year to a year & a half) ... Morikami might be too small (unless everything is outside) for your guestlist. I have done a wedding at Miami Beach Botanical Garden as well. That was the  only one I have done where it poured rain and everyone had to be crammed into this small room. just some quick fyi for you incase you were considering any of these. of these 3, my fave would probably be spanish monastery - its a gorgeous site, thus the reason it books so far in advance.
  • Spanish River Library Boca Raton. Lakeside terr is 10,000 sq feet for ceremony and reception. Rooftop terr is a little smaller for cocktail hour. Its a beautiful outdoor venue. It is just the venue so you have to bring everything in, But well worth the price

http://www.bocalibrary.org/room_requests/room_request.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards