Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Wedding Emergency! Photographer cancelled on Monday!

My photographer called me monday evening and informed me that she would no longer be able to do my wedding, as she and her husband had an oppurtunity to adopt a baby that required them to travel out of the country. The problem is that my wedding is in 2 weeks, and no one is available except the most expensive options. I don't have a huge wedding budget, and I had managed to find a photographer within it (under 1000$) but now that she's cancelled, I can't find anyone. I've tried calling everyone in the phone book, but they're booked or pricey. Does anyone have any advice?

Re: Wedding Emergency! Photographer cancelled on Monday!

• Options
    Do you have a contract with her? Make sure you get your money back. Are you apart of a church? Do you guys have a classifieds board? Yelp? Craigslist? Local College. Any coffee shops near by displaying art? Sometimes those photographers can do weddings.
  • Options
    I did have a contract, and she has already returned all of my money. I am part of a church, but the photographer who usually works sacraments is out of town that weekend. I called the local colleges, and posted on their boards on tuesday, but have received no information. My FH doesn't want me posting on craigslist for fear of someone creepy doing something,  I went to my nearby coffee shop and posted on their board as well, but still nothing. I've gotten a couple of leads in the past hour from a friend, I'm calling them now.
  • Options
    When is your wedding? You can check out my wedding photographer at pntphotography.com. He just finished and posted up our engagement and they are beautiful. He's super professional too, so give him a try and see how it goes. Good luck!
  • Options

Where are you located?  I network with photogs across the country and *might* be able to get you some contacts, PM me if you like.

• Options
    My photographer called me monday evening and informed me that she would no longer be able to do my wedding, as she and her husband had an oppurtunity to adopt a baby that required them to travel out of the country. The problem is that my wedding is in 2 weeks, and no one is available except the most expensive options. I don't have a huge wedding budget, and I had managed to find a photographer within it (under 1000$) but now that she's cancelled, I can't find anyone. I've tried calling everyone in the phone book, but they're booked or pricey. Does anyone have any advice?
    What does your contract state?  Our photographer had a network of other photographers and should an emergency arise, he would work with them to find someone so we weren't left in the dark.  Can he or she help you find someone??
  • Options
    @AJstewart1985 it would help to know where you are located . . .

@JoanE2012 yes, professional photographers should have a network to contact but this photographer is clearly not professional based on her pricing and leaving her clients hanging 2 weeks before their wedding.
  • Options
    Hi did u find someone?? 

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    Lauren - You cannot advertise here.  @KnotPorscha - User has multiple posts, all vendor related.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards