May 2014 Weddings

Is anyone else over it?

I think I'm probably just in a bad mood, but I've been in super planning mode the last few weeks and I feel like if I meet with one more wedding vendor I'm going to lose my mind. LOL I've been trying to get as much done as I can now because I know the holidays are coming up quick and I will be busy with that and then once that's done it will only be 4 1/2 months until my wedding! Anyone else feeling a little burnt out at this point or are you guys still in the early planning stages?

Re: Is anyone else over it?

• I do feel like I'm getting a little burned out. Things seem to be falling in place for the most part though. I keep thinking the same thing about the holidays coming up. I want to get the major stuff out the way now so I won't be doubly stressed during the holidays.
  • I'm ready for it to be May already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Jstump2 - Yeah things are falling into place for me too. I think I'm just stressing myself out thinking I need to get all this stuff done really soon. It doesn't help that I'm helping plan my best friend's baby shower and my niece's sweeet 16 which are both taking place in the next 6 weeks. I have a lot on my plate :)
  • I'm getting to the point where it feels like everything I see/do revolves around this wedding. I had to take a planning break but I did get a lot of things on my list taken care of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know if it's as much burned out as "I don't care right now". It's hard to be motivated to really do anything so far out, you'll be more inclined arounf the 5 or 6 month mark.

• I have been in planning mode for months and I am exhausted. I am ready for it too be over. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea I'm over it. I'm tired of people asking 100 questions Tired of people giving their 2 cents. All the big stuff has been done for months and its too early to start on the little things. Ugh lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yea I'm over it. I'm tired of people asking 100 questions Tired of people giving their 2 cents. All the big stuff has been done for months and its too early to start on the little things. Ugh lol

FutureMrsN3312 EXACTLY

We have everything booked and my mom/FMIL keep asking me when I want to start crafting (it's a DIY wedding) and I just keep telling them (politely) that I just DON'T care right now because it doesn't need to be done!

• I'm feeling a little over it. I don't have a big family, however my fiance does. As it is, 75% of the guest list is his side. Aside from my immediate family, I only have six close family members (they live in NY) who are invited. I just found out last night that four of them will probably not be able to make it as the parents work in the school system and they do not have vacation time. I broke down crying last night. I feel like I'm planning and spending all of this money for nothing since none of my own family will be there and it will be all of my fiances (some of whom I've never met). I think I need a break from wedding planning for awhile....
  • Yeah, I'm kind burnt out too. We're having our engagement photos done this week (and I'm not a fan of having my picture taken) and I'm ready for that to be over. If I can get the caterer and dress out of the way, I'll feel a little more relaxed about this little stuff. I don't want to be doing a lot of planning during the holidays, so I'm trying to get the big stuff all done now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Now that all the big planning is out of the way I think I'm just going to take a break. I'm sure I'll be super excited when it gets a little closer and all the little stuff will seem fun to me again.
  • In the beginning when it was 12 mos away I was trying to get all prepared. Then I had ambivalence over the venues we could afford here at home in the SF Bay Area, CA and the overwhelming guest list. Since then FH and I decided to go out of state and he's more involved. All the sites and magazines don't help by putting these rigid timelines on what should be done by now. We are locking down our sites and if it weren't for FH I would get overwhelmed again. I'm definitely not over it, this is just the beginning! Might change my tune in a few months though (:
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Take breaks in between ladies.  I'm actually having trouble getting everyone else excited with the planning.  Everyone is saying, "You have plenty of time."  Umm actually I don't.  " / 
  • KiKIQueen said:
    Take breaks in between ladies.  I'm actually having trouble getting everyone else excited with the planning.  Everyone is saying, "You have plenty of time."  Umm actually I don't.  " / 
    You're right! I took a break from all wedding planning/talk after I posted this and now a few weeks later I'm ready to get back to it again. Just needed a breather :)
  • I'm right there with all of you! I got engaged this past December and got right into planning everything. I went to a million bridal shows and got an overwhelming amount of information! I ended up booking my reception place (which includes dinner, drinks, all decor, and day of staff), ceremony location, dress and DJ all within the first 2 months. Then I got overwhelmed with family (especially his) asking me when more things were going to happen and pressuring me with ideas that I didn't know how to turn down politely. So I ended up taking a 5 month hiatis from planning.. I finally have gotten back into the swing of things and booked my photographer, so the next big things are flowers and invitations. But I'm already wanting to take a break due to my mom snubbing pretty much all of my ideas.. ugh.. I'm sure I will be more into it at the 5-6 months to go mark!
  • Jaho said:
    I'm right there with all of you! I got engaged this past December and got right into planning everything. I went to a million bridal shows and got an overwhelming amount of information! I ended up booking my reception place (which includes dinner, drinks, all decor, and day of staff), ceremony location, dress and DJ all within the first 2 months. Then I got overwhelmed with family (especially his) asking me when more things were going to happen and pressuring me with ideas that I didn't know how to turn down politely. So I ended up taking a 5 month hiatis from planning.. I finally have gotten back into the swing of things and booked my photographer, so the next big things are flowers and invitations. But I'm already wanting to take a break due to my mom snubbing pretty much all of my ideas.. ugh.. I'm sure I will be more into it at the 5-6 months to go mark!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards