Louisiana-New Orleans

3 hour reception time limits

Every venue I research in New Orleans seems to have only include a 3 hour limit for reception in the venue fee and then want to add 1500$ for every extra hour even if not using their catering/beverage service. I don't really care where in new orleans but I don't want to have to pay double the venue price just for wanting a 5 hour reception. Anyone have ideas of venues that allow longer times for not a crazy price?

Re: 3 hour reception time limits

• Pavilion of Two sisters is additional $750 an hour but it does not include alcohol. Good luck!
  • Same with Latrobe's....I believe we are paying another $750 to add on an extra hour plus alcohol.  $500-$1000 seemed to be the norm with the places we looked at.  (Preservation Hall, Wax Museum, Napoleon House, Muriels, Café Amelie, Hermann Grima...)
  • We did an extra hour at the wax and I think it was $750/hr plus $7.50/person/hr to keep the bar open, cheaper per person if you don't do premium liquor, or if you just do wine and beer. The catering company that you choose may charge you for additional time as well, but one of the great things about the wax is they let you use whatever caterer you'd like!
  • Our reception is at the Bourbon Orleans and we have extended it to 4 hours. The only additional cost is to extend the bar time an hour which ends up being an additional $5 per person plus the cost of another bartender which is only $35. It was extremely reasonable and I can't express enough how wonderful the coordinator Megan at the Bourbon Orleans has been. I highly recommend considering them....

So to put it plainly... we went from $90pp plus tax and service charge (no room fee except for ceremony) for three hours to $95pp plus tax and service charge (no room fee except for ceremony) for four hours .
  • Our venue was the me, 3 hours were included in the price, but you could pay $1000 for an additional hour. I thought that four hours weren't going to be enough, but at the end of the fourth hour everyone was pretty much ready to get outta there...even the young people. Unless you're super set on that 5th hour, I'd say four should be your max.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards