Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wording for Invites and Announcements

Hi all!  I'm still new to TK.  I'm not sure I posted this in the right category, so if I didn't, I'm sorry! We are having a private ceremony with only immediate family at the courthouse, and a big family reception in a few months, so I am sending out invitations to the ceremony to a select few people and then wedding announcements to everyone else.  (I'll mail invites to everyone for the reception in a few months.)

Okay, my question.  We are paying for everything ourselves, but we have two children.  Our daughter is technically his step-daughter, but he is the only father she has ever known. Our son is a baby so doesn't care, but we want to involve our daughter as much as possible since we aren't going to get a "flower girl" at the courthouse.  Would it be okay/acceptable/cute to have the kids invite our guests on the cards? For example: DD and DS request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their parents.  I was thinking of something more casual for the announcement cards too, maybe just a We Did It! shout out with the info.

What do you think? Any suggestions? Open for different wording.

Re: Wording for Invites and Announcements

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013
    TamaraR4 said:
    Hi all!  I'm still new to TK.  I'm not sure I posted this in the right category, so if I didn't, I'm sorry! We are having a private ceremony with only immediate family at the courthouse, and a big family reception in a few months, so I am sending out invitations to the ceremony to a select few people and then wedding announcements to everyone else.  (I'll mail invites to everyone for the reception in a few months.)

Okay, my question.  We are paying for everything ourselves, but we have two children.  Our daughter is technically his step-daughter, but he is the only father she has ever known. Our son is a baby so doesn't care, but we want to involve our daughter as much as possible since we aren't going to get a "flower girl" at the courthouse.  Would it be okay/acceptable/cute to have the kids invite our guests on the cards? For example: DD and DS request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their parents.  I was thinking of something more casual for the announcement cards too, maybe just a We Did It! shout out with the info.

What do you think? Any suggestions? Open for different wording.

No, children cannot host. You must also be clear on the party invite that the actual marriage has already happened. No need to send ceremony invitations, just relay the information via word of mouth. Since the group should be less than 10 people, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Here's wording for a combo announcement/party invite

Mr and Mrs Tamara and Steven Alreadymarried

were married in a private ceremony

Saturday, the nineteenth of October, two thousand and thirteen

Please join us for a celebration of our recent marriage

Saturday, the fourteenth of December

two thousand and thirteen

5 o'clock

XYZ Banquet Hall

Anytown, USA

• Options
    I wasn't going to do invites for the ceremony, but my SILs, MIL, and mom all wanted them. We're big into scrapping and memory boxes, and they all wanted the paper to put in the album.
  • Options
    FI and I are paying for our wedding and hosting it ourselves, but wanted to include our children in it somehow as well. We ended up going with:

Together with our children
    DS1 & DS1
    We invite you to share in our joy
    As we become husband and wife

I like that our wording included the kids without them being the "hosts", but more as us hosting as a family if that makes sense. I think that since children cannot host you can't really use the wording of "DD and Ds request...", but if you make it a group thing like we did, you should be okay. 
  • Options
    Leave the children's names off.  They can't host.

You can use "together with their families" but don't use "together with their children."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards