Illinois-Chicago

Decorating Ideas STAT!!!!

Long story short (as much as possible & save me from shedding tears....), I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 3/3/12, my mom spiraled into having numerous medical issues exactly 2 months after becoming a first time grandma, my LONG time boyfriend & father of my child planned to propose to me on mother's day which he followed through with, so I'm having a fall wedding (11/12/13, yes on a Tuesday). My mother is in a nursing home, on O2 via tracheostomy, has a feeding tube & semi-unresponsive (deemed "inconsistent", we witness things that the Dr. is NEVER around to see). It would be super costly to transport her outside of her facility & hire a private nurse for the day So, I decided to bring it to her (seriously, how can I get married without her?). It will be a super small ceremony at her nursing home so she can be present. This is the space I have reserved. Max occupancy is 48, I am more than happy with it, it's a cute & workable space, but I have absolutely NO CLUE how to camouflage those vending machines =P I'm open to suggestions on how to personalize this space (yes, I am on a budget since this is strictly coming out of mine & my fiancé's pockets). I've attached some photos of the space (the cabinet will be removed for the ceremony), where would we have "the altar"? No paint, I can hang things from the ceiling, walls affixed by tape or thumb tacks. Ideas, please???? Pretty Pretty Please???? & Thanks in advance

Re: Decorating Ideas STAT!!!!

•  i sent you a pm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i had a couple ideas. you can do the ceremony in front of the windows, and maybe cover the vending machines with a black sheet and turn that area into a DIY photo booth with props set up.  just an idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a big fan of the photo booth idea too. Or you could cover it in a sheet and hang up a "picture frame guest book" that people could sign.

Get thee to Michael's or Hobby Lobby stat... So many inexpensive yet pretty foliage for centerpieces.  I'd rock the centerpieces to draw attention away from the vending machine.  Since it's a November wedding you could go with deep reds, I don't think that would clash with the wall colors. 

If I think of anything else I'll post again...

• You could either do a sheet or some sort of room divider to camoflague the vending machines. My Grandmother found one fairly cheap that has room for 8x10 photos which would be nice to have family photos of both of your sides up if you're into that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards