Wedding Woes

Vacation Recap

It was glorious. 9 wonderful days away from the BS of real life.

We flew out Monday morning- I had enough miles that I had booked us first class tickets (so sad my travel comes to an end now). DH and I had to laugh because the first class cabin was full of honeymooners. And here we were, a walking advertisement to them to remember to take your birth control and wrap it up. DS was actually really good and the couple behind us actually did tell me that they had no idea there was a three yo there until halfway through the flight when one of them went to the restroom, so that was nice.

My parents met us at the airport with leis which DS loved. He enjoys necklaces and bracelets and his lei was made of candy so it was a toddler win.

The condo we stayed at was perfect. There was a tiny beach and a pool right out there. The days were basically spent like this: beach (the one at the condo or near us), home for lunch, nap, pool, dinner, relax. Repeat. Plenty of room at the place we were at, kitchen was decently stocked with necessities and there were several grocery stores nearby for food. We had some awesome dinners and lunches out. DS loved the beach and repeatedly asked if his daycare lady/preschool teacher would be coming and bringing his friends. I think that is the only way it could have been improved upon for him.

We did a luau one night. It was okay- not the best we've been too but DS loved the hula show. So much so that he stood in an aisle and tried to dance along with them. 3 year old white boy trying to hula is HILARIOUS. He got his picture taken with two of the dancers at the end and was in awe. I said that maybe we need to get him hula lessons for Christmas.

I had a pregnancy massage and facial while I was there. Massages are always nice, but massages while you can hear the beach? Perfect. It was a belated birthday gift from my mom and dad.

I really love the Hawaiian islands for vacation. We lived there when I was younger, and some of my best memories from childhood are when we were there. The people my dad worked with and their spouses basically formed this giant extended family and we spent a lot of time with these people doing what we did when we were on vacation- hanging out at the beach, etc. It was really awesome to start having the same experience with DS. We can't wait to go back except next time we're thinking a different island.

Re: Vacation Recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards