Christian Weddings

My First Dress Fitting and Some Weight Gain

So I had my dress fitting today, and sadly I've gotten bigger since I bought the dress in May. So the first part of the appointment had me feeling upset about that. But other than that it went okay They only had to replace the panel in the back of the dress, didn't have to take it out in the sides, so I'm thankful about that. I got cap sleeves added, and the alterations lady created a beautiful bustle for it, and by the end of the appointment I was feeling great in the dress again :) Although I need to practice wearing my shoes a little, my feet were a little tired by the end of it.

In regards to my gaining, I've decided to do something about it finally! I joined the weight watchers online program, with my FI blessing, which was a surprise, because it is a little costly (imo). I've also asked him to support me by calling me in the mornings so that I actually get up and use my elliptical machine, that otherwise sits in my living room gathering dust. And we've been drinking a lot of pop lately so I asked him to help encourage me to not drink it as much. So hopefully I will stick to this plan and have some success.

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

Re: My First Dress Fitting and Some Weight Gain

• You can do it!! Not drinking pop usually helps me lose some weight. I've been trying to lose some but gotten a little unmotivated lately. Though the fact I have to buy a dress in the next couple months should motivate me.....

I think that's why I am requiring my dress to have a corset back.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you have pictures?  Not only do we love pictures here, but I swear a picture would have helped when it was time to bustle my dress at the reception.

Decreasing soda consumption will help you feel so much better!  Even diet isn't great for you.  It makes me feel bloated (sorry for the TMI), so even if it's not impacting your weight, cutting it out of your diet can help your dress fit better. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree with the picture request! We love pictures here. Glad to hear you were feeling upbeat and happy about your dress at the end of the appointment. I have done WW in the past and have had great success with it. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Day 4 of WW and so far I'm feeling great :) I don't have any pics of the bustling but I can share my dress.

371.jpg 176.1K
    366.jpg 154.7K

• The veil in the pictures is the one that I bought as well, and the dress is going to have cap sleeves added :)

• Very pretty!
    Did you get yours at David's Bridal? I got to ring a bell that looks like that one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes I did get mine at DB :)

• At first I didn't think David's would be good. But they were much better than the place across the street I went to first. The prices were reasonable and I think the alterations are reasonable too. With the two alterations it will become my dream dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the train!  So elegant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gorgeous dress! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies :) I will post pictures of it complete when I get it back from alterations.

@fre3doms I loved DB. They were the only place I went to, and they were fabulous. I went on a Monday as it was a holiday in BC, but not in the States (I went to the DB in Burlington, WA). I had my 2 sis (who are both bridesmaids) plus my other bridesmaid, my mom, my future step-mom, my 2 flower girls (one is my niece, and the other is my other bridesmaid's daughter), and my 3rd bridesmaid's teenage daughter, so 9 of us in total. I can't remember how long I spent trying on dresses, probably tried on between 6-8, then when I was done they let my mom and bridesmaids try on dresses, even though they didn't have appointments. When I went for my alterations appointment the ladies were really nice as well :)

• Yeah DB was the 2nd place I went. The other place had too much stuff in ivory, over budget and too small for me to try on. I'd tried on like 4-5 dresses there but was not willing to pay that much money.
    My dad bought my dress and bolero from DB for me. I have to buy the other accessories and the alterations. My dress will still be about half the price of my friend getting married in April.

I get the dress of my dreams to wear when I marry the man greater than my dreams.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @flutterfly88 I actually think I tried on a dress very similar to yours. I thought it was pretty but not quite fitting with my vision. Since I'm getting married in February at my parent's house I did not feel like a train was a good idea for me.
    It looks wonderful on you and I can't wait to see the finished product. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks @fre3doms :)

So today was my first "weigh-in" day and I'm down 5lbs! I know it won't continue to come off this quickly (especially when I eat like I did today, splurged a little too much at lunch), but I'm feeling excited.

Even though I've been getting up earlier than normal, I feel like I have more energy during the day, because I've been exercising in the mornings. I skipped my 20 mins on the elliptical Fri, b/c I had 2 mosquito bites on my leg, it sounds like a silly excuse but I swell up a lot if I do too much walking (usually will be about 3-4 inches, no joke,) so figured the elliptical would aggravate them as well. But by Monday I will get back at it, as they will be on the mend.

• @flutterfly88 You look beautiful in that dress! Congratulations on the weight loss as well! I hope it is still going well for you. 
  • Thanks @foundmygent, I am now down 13 lbs, and I am keeping up with my workouts most weekday mornings :)

• That's awesome!! I really need to step up my game and actually work out regularly. Sounds like you are doing amazing! Nice work!
  • Thanks! It takes A LOT to force myself to get up in the mornings, and I couldn't do it with out my FI. He sets his alarm and calls me (most) mornings, to make sure that I get out of bed. Without his encouragement, I don't think I would've been able to stick to it.

•  I got my first "have you lost weight?" yesterday! Did that ever feel good. It's nice to know that others are seeing a change :)

• Yay! Thats always a great feeling!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards