Snarky Brides
Options

We're Eloping, and everyone thinks they're coming with.

WTF people? We've decided to Elope in a tiny, tiny ceremony with very minimal and select family and friends. We're talking 15 people max, in the woods a meadow or gorgeous red rock location. We talked about it with those closest, they said go for it and now everyone keeps asking when it is and if they're invited. Ummm, do you not know the definition of Eloping? We're planning to have a party (NOT reception or PPD) at home next fall. Food, Booze, Dancing, and fun. Everyone will be invited to that, but I just don't get how everyone has decided they get to come along. Any thoughts on defusing this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We're Eloping, and everyone thinks they're coming with.

• Options
    15 people isn't eloping. Eloping is just you, FI, officiant and a witness. Are you inviting them? It's rude for them to ask for an invitation.
    I would beandip if you truly want to elope. If they don't know the time and place, they can't come. However if you do have those people attend, you need to do something to receive then after; a meal or cake and punch if its not mealtime.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    luckystarz said: WTF people? We've decided to Elope in a tiny, tiny ceremony with very minimal and select family and friends. We're talking 15 people max, in the woods a meadow or gorgeous red rock location. We talked about it with those closest, they said go for it and now everyone keeps asking when it is and if they're invited. Ummm, do you not know the definition of Eloping? We're planning to have a party (NOT reception or PPD) at home next fall. Food, Booze, Dancing, and fun. Everyone will be invited to that, but I just don't get how everyone has decided they get to come along. Any thoughts on defusing this?

Do
    you know the definition of eloping? It means you run away together and don't invite anyone to your private marriage. You are not eloping, just having a very small wedding. Don't talk about your wedding with people you're not inviting. If they ask anyway, tell them it's going to be very small and intimate and leave it at that.
  • Options
    You're not eloping. You're having a private DW. There is a difference. 

To address your larger problem, stop talking about your wedding, period, full stop. If people ask, just say plans are coming along well, and change the subject.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards