Plus-Sized
Options

Plus sized DFW brides?

Are there any plus size DFW brides? If so where did you shop? I have heard about David's and AA but would also like some boutique recommendations. Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Plus sized DFW brides?

• Options
    I'm in Fort Worth!  I went to David's Bridal.....there are a ton of dresses in many sizes and I didn't feel like there weren't enough options for my size.  I bought mine there and LOVE it.  (I posted a pic in the show your dress thread).  Where are you located?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in Plano. I have an appointment in 2 weeks at Wedding World in Arlington. On their website they have a nice selection of plus size designers. Hopefully they will in the store as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check your City board. I searched my city bored for Plus Size shops and found a few places. I also googled Plus size ships in my area and that helped toooo!  Good Luck!
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck @shoebunnie! I think Stardust might have plus sizes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you @kstan08! I am going to their sister store Lulu's this weekend.  I called and they said they have a good selection.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard that Lulu's & Lasting Bridal in Addison have a great selection.  Also I heard that Circle Park Bridal has a good selection as well.

I'm planning on going to Lulu's, I was told they have multiple walls of plus samples, so hopefully that will work!

Good Luck and let us DFW girls know what you find!
  • Options
    I am going to the Bridal Boutique in Lewisville this weekend and LuLu's on the 17th. I will post an update on their selections!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

**Update**

Bridal boutique in Lewisville has beautiful dresses for women of all sizes.  Amy was my consultant and she was amazing.  I was 99% confident I was going with a Watters dress (the Phoenix) until I went to LuLu's this weekend.  LuLu's has a smaller selection of plus size gowns however I had my sister with me and she graciously modeled the dresses I liked but couldn't squeeze in to.  I fell in love with a Casablanca 1900 in champagne.  I am going to have a halter strap added in the same fabric as the sash.  The picture does not do the dress justice.  Lisa was my consultant and she was simply fantastic!!  Not only was she helpful as to what styles would look the best for my figure she did not even blink when I told her my sister was going to be the model.  (Although she did have several dresses I could have easily fit into).  My FI and I are starting IVF in a couple of months and with any luck I will be pregnant when get married.  Lisa considered this information when helping me select dresses.  She also used that information in regards to what designers would be the most forgiving in styles and alterations.  We found two dresses we really liked, went back on the floor and she showed me the Casablanca.  It was a done deal at that point.  So....go to LuLu's!  Even if you can't quite fit into the dresses (I know it's insane) but have a friend with a similar but smaller build who can try them on Lisa is the woman!!

We also quickly went to Wedding World in Arlington.  We had an appointment.  I found several dresses I really liked and the prices were great.  Customer service, not so much.  The sales person helped me in the first one and then LEFT to go help a walk in looking for a petticoat and then another walk in looking for a party dress.  Needless to say my sister and I left and went to LuLu's.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lulu's is wonderful. I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience! Lulu's was the first place I tried on dresses at and had finances not changed, we would have bought the very first dress I tried on.

Ultimately, I was fortunate enough to find a brand new plus size dress and petticoat on Craigslist for under $300. Attached is the dress without accessories. I'll post more in January after the wedding.
    112.JPG 602.1K
  • Options
    I will say if you are a bigger plus size bride (like I am a 26) Circle park, Lulu's and lasting bridal all don't have much to try on.  I really couldn't risk buying a dress I couldn't physically try on myself.  I have an issue with my lower stomach it's bigger and hangs a bit so some dresses looked okay on the rack but not okay on me.  I did find that AA and Davids had a good selection but the dresses but only a couple spoke to me and one we thought might be the one but I want something that I'm not seeing on every other plus size bride.  We are going to Wedding World in Arlington and I am bring with me a list of dresses I want to check out.  I have found relying on sales people as a plus size bride sometimes doesn't work out too well. I have done better picking styles myself.  I have also heard bliss bridal has a nice selection (pricey though they start at 1K) I have also heard Mii's bridal in garland does too but I haven't checked it out just yet.
  • Options
    @passthewine Wedding World in Arlington had a decent selection but I was put off by the sales person who abandoned me after one dress to go help a customer looking for a petticoat and then another walk in customer (I had an appointment).  After waiting about 20 minutes and my sister helping me into two dresses we left and went back to LuLu's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @shoebunnie we luckily didn't have that experience at all.  Connie was our consultant, my friend never helped me with a dress and the consultant was with me the whole time.  We were there 3 hours (didn't think it was that long!) I found a dress I did like but just not sure yet if it will be the one I get. 

Lulu's had one dress I could fit into.  Our appointment was like maybe 20 minutes long.  The consultant was very sweet but I just didn't enjoy having dresses up up to me for ideas. :(
  • Options
    @passthewine I wish DFW has a bridal shop that specialized in plus sized brides!  I considered taking a trip to curvy girls in Fairfax but I got lucky.  My dress will be in in February and I will let you know how it turns out!  Good luck and keep me posted.  I think Lasting Couture in Addison is supposed to have a good selection.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Shoebunnie There is a plus size store in OK that I have considered lol..... I would of thought that for sure somewhere in Dallas would have a plus size store but nope!  Kind of surprises me.  I did swing by Lasting and they had a few most were under 24 which could be too small for me depending on the designer.  I wear a 24/26 in street clothes.  So places that go up to 30 or more is awesome but not many do.  I am so happy you got your dress :) I think I am like dress 40... I am going to take a break from hunting for now.  We are saving as we go and I figure I'll just save up the amount for the dress and when I have it I will go who knows maybe I'll find an sample that fits like a glove and won't have toworry.  I have been concerned because we were going to use our income tax originally for the dress which puts me 5 months until the wedding I hear that might knock some designers out if I have to order.  Oh my ugh not what I wanted to hear.  Now I see why brides buy their dresses a year in advance.
  • Options
    @passthewine Yeah, I was shocked when I started looking and was told it took about 5 months for a dress to come in! Where is the one in OK?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Edmond OK http://www.thecurvybride.net/ Their dresses are 16 plus I think.
  • Options
    I found my gown at Lulu's and it was an amazing experience.  I also went to Bridal Boutique of Lewisville and it was really wonderful too - they had some 20/22/24 samples that I saw when looking around to pull dresses to try.
    Good Luck in your search!
  • Options
    @ebfisher Which one did you get??  I spoke with Lisa at LuLu's today...my dress will be in the end of January.  I don't know how I will survive that long!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will say the ladies at LuLu's were very nice.  The consultant I had even sent me a card afterwords saying she was sorry she couldn't help me. She felt so bad that they only had one dress I could squeeze into.  Their dresses run so small that I couldn't fit into their plus size dress that they had and not many were near my size 24/26.  But I would still suggest them.  They have very nice dresses there.  Circle park had some nice tones too just not in my size.  Lasting bridal did as well but same issue.
  • Options
    @shoebunnie I got the Pronovias Georgia gown with an illusion & beaded lace 'jacket'.  So. In. Love!
  • Options
    @ebfisher It's lovely!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What's DFW?
  • Options
    @gypsywife_ Dallas Fort Worth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards