Colorado-Denver

To hire or not to hire a wedding planner?

What have your experiences been with hiring a wedding planner?  I'm still on the fence about whether it's worth it and if they will save you money in the end.  Thoughts?  We are inviting 75 people (so maybe we'll have 60?), so it's not a large wedding, but about half will be from out of town, while half will be from Denver (the wedding is in Evergreen...at least I've figured out one thing ;)  ).  I'm trying to keep the budget on the lower end (although I'm also not sure what is reasonable to expect for prices locally and yet I still want it tasteful), so my other question is if it is still worthwhile to have a planner for this size wedding.  Your experiences are appreciated!

Re: To hire or not to hire a wedding planner?

• My fiance and I hired a wedding planner because we simply do not have time to plan the wedding ourselves. I'm a first year teacher; meanwhile, he's taught for 6 years and volunteers and runs marathons and is generally super busy.

Our wedding planner is fantastic; she has worked with MANY photographers, caterers, etc. over the years and can get discounts because of it. She also has hundreds of centerpiece options to choose from, which saved us money there. She can order alcohol and flowers whole-sale, which saved us additional money.

So far, she's saved us enough money to pay for her services--and the stress has been much less since we hired her. I recommend a wedding planner if you're super, super busy and can't take the time to really seek out bargains. Two cents! =)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden
  • If nothing else, hire a day of coordinator to take care of you, your mom and the vendors on the day of so you can enjoy your event! I have been Mother of the Bride twice and wish that we would have had someone else run interference the week of so that my daughter and I could enjoy guests! We have since started an event/wedding planning business to help Brides and Moms and Dads:)

• Agree 150% about at least hiring a Day Of coordinator. Our wedding was 10/20/12 (so it's all fresh in my mind!) and my day of coordinator was fabulous. Remember, if you don't have someone taking care of meeting vendors and all the other small details, someone in your family will have to pick up the slack and/or you will be worried about it. 

As for hiring someone to do all the planning, I think that just depends on your needs, budget and personality. If it's in your budget and you don't like planning, it's probably the way to go! 
  • Who did you use?
  • EADenver said:

Agree 150% about at least hiring a Day Of coordinator. Our wedding was 10/20/12 (so it's all fresh in my mind!) and my day of coordinator was fabulous. Remember, if you don't have someone taking care of meeting vendors and all the other small details, someone in your family will have to pick up the slack and/or you will be worried about it. 

As for hiring someone to do all the planning, I think that just depends on your needs, budget and personality. If it's in your budget and you don't like planning, it's probably the way to go! 
    Who did you use?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards