Christian Weddings

@fpaemp2011

@faemp2011, your comment on the latest intro post has gotten me talking to FH about livestreaming our wedding. A lot of my family can't make the trip out from California, and some of his can't make it either. How easy was it for your guests to log in and watch? Were you happy with it? Did you use your own equipment, or rent theirs? How long did the setup take? Was it pretty easy to get together?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks in advance for your help :)

Re: @fpaemp2011

• Short answer: My dad knew somebody.  

I found one streaming site that would have been free, all we needed was a webcam.  Dad talked to a coworker who does videography on the side and he recommended the idostream site, and volunteered his time to set up and video with one of his cameras.  He set it up through the church's wifi.  He filmed from the choir loft, so people watching had a different vantage point than those in the church.  They couldn't see the slideshow, so I posted that on facebook a few days later.

I didn't hear of anyone having problems logging on, but the feed cut out a few times for some (many were using satellite internet), and it cut out for several right at the end as we were about to kiss >.<  With the idostream, the video was available for 30(?) days after the wedding for free for anyone to log in and watch.

I don't know the answers to the technical questions, because the set-up happened while I was getting ready.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards