Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Difference Between Airbrush and Regular Makeup? Crosspost

Is someone able to tell me (or better yet SHOW me) the difference between these options?

I don't wear a lot of makeup. No foundation, only a little concealer and some bronzing powder. However, I still want what we probably all want on our wedding day: flawless, natural and a LITTLE more defined for pictures.

I will, of course, be going for a trial but even an airbrush trial costs more than a regular trial so I'd like to be a bit more knowledgable on the topic before I make my choice.

Would love to see anyone's pictures of their makeup (airbrush or regular) or hear your personal experiences with one or the other.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Difference Between Airbrush and Regular Makeup? Crosspost

• I did not do airbrush. I got mine professionally done. My make up artist used all mac products. Apparently, MAC products photograph very well. My wedding was in May, it wasn't hot so I didn't like sweat a ton, make up stayed on all night. Make up was complete by 1pm and we left reception at 11pm and it still looked good. :)
  • Would like to try airbrush

• @knotporscha - not sure what's up with @jouye but she's got a couple weird posts like this on this board.
  • I had quite the makeup trial saga so if you want to look in my planning bio, I did two trials with regular foundation, and a mini-trial with airbrush and I also did airbrush for my  E-pics.  I hated the regular foundation and ended up getting airbrushed for my wedding.  Although the regular foundation looked ok at first, by the time I got home, it was wearing off my nose and it just felt heavy to me.  I loved airbrush both times I had it done, and on my wedding day it looked flawless until midnight.

Be aware that the key to good airbrush application is an experienced technician.  My daughter who was 15 and had never worn makeup was also airbrushed and she looked very natural and just like herself.

• I did airbrush for my bridal portriats (my makeup trial). I had never done air brush before, and felt like I had a ton of make up on (and like a bratz doll) but when I got my pictures back I was very pleased. I think it was definitely worth it .. the girl who did it knew what she was doing and how much I needed to photograph well, but not make me look over done.

Here is one of the pictures( I don't think it looks like too much makeup or over the top or anything):
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • I am attaching a closer up photo too in case you are curious. This one was taken with my iphone, and for some reason is turned, so sorry about that!
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • For my engagement photos in June I did a trial with a woman my photographer recommended. She used regular makeup and it turned out wonderful! I was also part of a wedding in July and all of the bridesmaids got airbrushed makeup. They were very similar, but I felt like the regular makeup stayed on longer!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did airbrush for my bridal portriats (my makeup trial). I had never done air brush before, and felt like I had a ton of make up on (and like a bratz doll) but when I got my pictures back I was very pleased. I think it was definitely worth it .. the girl who did it knew what she was doing and how much I needed to photograph well, but not make me look over done.

Here is one of the pictures( I don't think it looks like too much makeup or over the top or anything):

Is it very cakey?

• I'm getting my makeup done professionally, no air brush tho. She's using MAC products. True or not true I'm not sure...but I hear air brush makeup doesnt hold up to tears! ;) my friend did airbrush it was awesome, i know she loved it. She didnt cry tho!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards