Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just engaged yesterday! Can we pull off a wedding in 8 months?

Yesterday, he took me out on a walk and for a picnic by a beautiful little river and proposed!

The ring is perfect, a beautiful and very delicate antique (we are both very environmentally conscious so it's perfect) and everything was just perfect. I had to tell my mom over the phone, which sucked, but I knew I couldn't wait until I was next able to see her before telling anyone and she had to be the first to know.

Now, we both graduate the first weekend of May and want to move out of state shortly after, but since most of our family and close friends live here, we want to have the wedding before we move. That means in 7 or 8 months.

Do you guys think this is possible? I know he and I won't want anything too extravagant, but we are trying to keep it relatively low budget and my parents are going to help cover most of the costs. I'm willing to put all the time I can into it that isn't going towards work or school, and I know my parents and my fiance feel the same way.

Re: Just engaged yesterday! Can we pull off a wedding in 8 months?

• Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! I think if you're flexible on the vendors, you can plan in 8 months or less. Start by setting the budget and guest list - this will tell you what you can afford to host. Good luck and happy planning!
  • Options
    Yes, you can. We got engaged July 1 and married March 24 of the next year... so eight months and three weeks later. The biggest thing was getting the venue that we wanted, after that, the pieces started to come together. Congratulations and good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Thank you! It's nice to know that it's possible.
    We are pretty flexible with everything except vegan food and a vegan dress.
    Other than that we have preferences but will be able to work with a wide range of things, and for nearly everything my parents are very supportive, and they got married in a nearly identical time frame.
  • Options
    First, congrats and enjoy the moment. Then, yes you can pull it off in 8 months, I got my daughter's done in 9.  Once you get a venue, the rest will fall into place.  Look around on line and in stores to set some sort of estimate budget per item, then start looking.  There are great ideas on these boards so stay in touch.
  • Options

Congrats on the engagement!  I just got engaged August 20th and me and the finace and thinking about either getting married this upcoming February or March, so we have even less time than you guys do.  You can do it!!!!

• Options
    Congrats on the engagement. My fiance and I will be engaged 8 months and a week when we get married. Ours is very small though. I have another friend with a bigger wedding doing hers in about a 9 month time.
    Find your venue and then everything else should fall into place. Best of luck with the planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what's the difference between a regular dress and a vegan dress?
  • Options
    Not a stupid question at all!
    Silk is not vegan because it involves boiling silk worms alive.
    Less common materials occasionally used in dresses that are not vegan are wool and leather.

Basically cotton, most lace, bamboo (which is so soft if you've never worn bamboo before) and any synthetic materials are vegan. A vintage dress is also usually considered vegan because it doesn't involve contributing to the industries.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards