Luxury Weddings

Wedding Paper Divas Rant

Does it bother anyone else that Wedding Paper Diva's sales never apply to their Thermography or Letterpress invitations? I really want that style, but I also want a deal and I get so mad every time I see the fine print and realize again that those are excluded. Grrr. 

*Just kidding, I don't get really mad.

** I posted this here because I figure that letterpress is kind of a "luxury" invitation.
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Paper Divas Rant

• I really wanted thermography. I feel your pain. I am totally a texture person. I went to Papyrus just to touch all the invitations for the different prints etc.
  • I wish I could afford papyrus (sniff sniff).. They just are all so pretty
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • cap816 said:
    We loved our letterpress.  So worth the added cost.
    Ugh I know! I want letterpress so bad! I just also want 20% off of it like the normal printed invites ;)
    Anniversary
  • cap816 said:
    ashleyep said:
    cap816 said:
    We loved our letterpress.  So worth the added cost.
    Ugh I know! I want letterpress so bad! I just also want 20% off of it like the normal printed invites ;)
    Have you thought about using a local vendor instead of a web based company?  We had our STDs and invitations custom designed and printed (letterpress - the old fashioned way) by a local designer who was willing to negotiate and throw in some extras.
    I've done a bit of research and most of the places I've found so far look to be much more expensive than WPD.

I'm still 11 months away so I haven't even done my save the dates yet. I will look some more at local vendors as I get closer,  but I'm a sucker for being able to do everything online.
    Anniversary
  • Our invites were letterpress as well. We ended up purchasing them through TheAmericanWedding.com.  They also have coupon codes and the invites are on Crane cotton paper.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• annathy03annathy03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    @ashleyep, do they exclude the costco discount as well?  If you're a costco member you can get to WPD via their page and it says you get 20% off everything and $5 shipping for being a costco member.  I haven't gotten serious about my invites yet, but was thinking of using WPD b/c of that.

ETA: Even if you're not a member you could probably borrow a membership number from a parent or friend, the CC shouldn't need to match the member info.
  • annathy03 said:
    @ashleyep, do they exclude the costco discount as well?  If you're a costco member you can get to WPD via their page and it says you get 20% off everything and $5 shipping for being a costco member.  I haven't gotten serious about my invites yet, but was thinking of using WPD b/c of that.

ETA: Even if you're not a member you could probably borrow a membership number from a parent or friend, the CC shouldn't need to match the member info.
    Oh I don't know! I didn't know that! Hmm, I'll have to check it out.
    Anniversary
  • if you can't afford the invitation of your dreams it's not the end of the world - everyone is just going to throw them out eventually anyway, except for perhaps your parents.

that having been said, my FSIL's invitation suite was letterpress and cost $30 PER INVITE, which i found to be excessive.  we were afraid that this would be an expensive proposition, but wound up finding a local vendor who custom designed and made our suite in thermography.  we ordered save the dates, invitations, all invitaiton iclusions, table number cards, seating cards, and thank you cards all at one time (which offered savings - we'll go back and get the programs printed about 2 months out), for less than half of what FSIL spent on hers.  try to find a local vendor - especially a mom & pop type shop - they will usually negotiate, and can offer you the added bonus of a one-of-a-kind item.

people started receiving our save the dates yesterday and we've already gotten several compliments.  seriously, local vendors are the way to go if you can find one.

• Oh I know it's not the end of the world. I just wish the letterpress stuff wasn't always excluded from their sales!

I'm going to do some more research into local vendors, but so far it's not looking cheaper than online. I'm in an expensive city.
    Anniversary
  • @ashleyep you can also try posting your search on your local boards.  Sometimes the other Knotties are very helpful and open up opportunities you never knew existed.  GL!
  • We got ours from zazzle.com and they turned out great!
  • I noticed that as well, but ended up ordering invitations from their Thermography collection anyway.  The 20% discount definitely would have been nice but I absolutely love the invitations.  Plus they did a great job packaging them and also sent me quite a few extras (they said they accidentally printed too many but I wonder if they just go ahead and add a few more...)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards