Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Napoleon House-Food item suggestions??

For those of you that have had a party/rehearsal dinner/reception at Napoleon House, I would love to hear what you chose and what you liked best. We had our tasting last night and I can honestly say that I did not like ANY of the food nor did my fiancé and 2 of our wedding party members that came with us. I am super disappointed right now and have requested a 2nd tasting. On top of it all, the service was horrible.  TIA!

Re: Napoleon House-Food item suggestions??

• Options
    We recently had 2 tastings at the NH. I think we were there the night you were, and I totally agree, the food was not good. Our other tasting was great however!  I'm hoping it was just an off night. The chef who met with us at the previous tasting sat down after we tasted & went over what their best items on the menu were and he was spot-on with the items we had enjoyed.

Recommendations: Seafood and Eggplant casserole was great, the bruscehtta, although not traditional, was good. Mini muffulettas were good & filling. There were a few other items that were pretty good.

I would definitely avoid the seafood gumbo. The Mardi Gras chicken & pork were very salty and the stuffed artichoke was bland.

• Options
    We recently had 2 tastings at the NH. I think we were there the night you were, and I totally agree, the food was not good. Our other tasting was great however!  I'm hoping it was just an off night. The chef who met with us at the previous tasting sat down after we tasted & went over what their best items on the menu were and he was spot-on with the items we had enjoyed.

Recommendations: Seafood and Eggplant casserole was great, the bruscehtta, although not traditional, was good. Mini muffulettas were good & filling. There were a few other items that were pretty good.

I would definitely avoid the seafood gumbo. The Mardi Gras chicken & pork were very salty and the stuffed artichoke was bland.

• Options

That is so funny! Thank you for your recommendations. Yes, I think we were served the Mardi Gras chicken and the pork something and they were both bland. The chef did sit down with us as well and pointed out some of his favorites so hopefully we get in for a second tasting. Fingers crossed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards