Michigan-Detroit
Options

Interesting article: "Pinterest......your worst wedding crasher?"

In looking back, I got all my ideas from my own head, and the Knot. (BTW: not an advertisement). Pinterest has taken off in the meantime, and whether you agree with this article or not, it's interesting......

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/04/25/pinterest-wedding-planning?hpt=hp_bn15

Re: Interesting article: "Pinterest......your worst wedding crasher?"

• Options
    I'm trying so hard to avoid a "pinterest wedding"!!!! There are a lot of good ideas, but I don't want the same things as everyone else. I originally started using it as a way to remember what I wanted for the big day before we even got engaged. Now that EVERYONE is on it, I started taking stuff down that I'm actually doing for the wedding because I don't want to spoil everything. 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm not creative and I wish I came across Pinterest before my wedding to get some ideas, but I do understand that using Pinterest gives users the opportunity to see a multitude of ideas and feel overwhelmed because they want EVERYTHING they see. 

ETA: I follow a friend of mine's gf on Pinterest and she has "wedding ideas" board. He's proposing this summer and just recently I told a mutual friend that "I really hope I'm invited to their wedding because I love the theme she's planning and want to see how it all turns out!" lol is that wrong? (fwiw, they were invited to our wedding, so it's not like someone totally random)
  • Options
    And this is exactly why I don't really use pinterest. I do want people to walk in and not already know every detail of the wedding. I don't really like that a lot of my friends and familly sort of grill me on everything too, it's like LET IT BE A SURPRISE!
  • Options
    I have friends who are planning their weddings on Pinterest and they aren't even engaged. Most of them linked their accounts to facebook to show all their updates and pins. If I was their bf, and I saw my gf posting pics of giant rings she wants or the pink vest she wants me to wear with my tux, I would not propose. I want to say something to them, but I know it's not my place.
  • Options
    LOL JMBsbride! I was one of those girls who (privately) dreamed of my wedding for my whole life. Facebook and Pinterest take that to an entirely different level of pressure/TMI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards