Louisiana-New Orleans

Floor or Pedestal Fans for an Outdoor Reception

Hello Brides - I am getting married May 17, 2013.  The reception will be at the Conservatory and Garden Study Center in the City Park Botanical Gardens.  We are trying to avoid using the Lath House because it's the beauty of the gardens that drew us to the site.  I'm now getting nervous about a hot, humitd, muggy eventing (the weather in NOLA can do anything).  Did anyone  rent floor or pedestal fans for an outdoor reception?  If so can you share advice on vendors and what was effective?  I also think about the band which will be in tuxes.  I really don't want them or our guests to melt!  I have ordered an adequate number of good hand fans so that is a start.  The one rental company I called only had industrial fans. 

Many thanks for your input. 

Re: Floor or Pedestal Fans for an Outdoor Reception

• My friend rented mist fans for her outside July wedding.  I can't think of the company but I will ask and get back to you.

• Hi, would love to hear more about how your wedding went!  I'm looking at possibly having my wedding at the Garden Study Center / Conservatory / Lath House (or the terrace).  Looking at a fall wedding so fans aren't as much of an issue, but really wondering how it all went.  Where did you have your ceremony?  Also, how did you set up/utilize the different spaces, such as the garden center and the conservatory? I am thinking about using the lath house too but don't know how multiple spaces would be used or would they just make for extra wondering room?  Haven't actually seen the spaces yet but I have an appointment set up in just a few weeks so really excited to check it all out but have lots of questions.  Would greatly appreciate any info you have!!  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards