Wedding Invitations & Paper

Vistaprint magnets vs postcards

Has anyone bought the vistaprint postcards and then bought magnets from Michaels and stuck them on yourself to save money? Or is it probably just worth buying the vistaprint save the date magnets? 
Thanks! 

Re: Vistaprint magnets vs postcards

• I just used the plain postcards. I'm not a fan of the magnets, they never seem to be very magnetic when I receive them. I would be afraid they would fall off int he mail. So if you want magnets I would buy them that way :-)

If you decide to get plain ones...They have a deal - postcards start at 100 for $10. http://bit.ly/1eMHvnp

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• There has been more than one story on TK over the years of brides who have used the magnets having them get stuck in postal sorting equipment.

Not the end of the world, but not worth the risk, IMHO.

• I sent magnets for my STD's. If you do that you need to have them hand cancelled so that they don't stick to anything in the machines and they charge extra postage for magnets. You might want to consider that before you decide.
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
     We went with the save-the-date magnets from Vistaprint. What's nice is your design is scanned directly on to the magnet. So the entire save-the-date is magnetic. We mailed them regular mail and had no problems whatsoever. It also didn't cost us any extra postage. I still have our 'save-the-date' on the fridge over a year later, and have had no problems with how magnetic it is. I don't know how common these problems are, but I didn't experience any! I would definitely recommend them! :)

*J
  • Go with the magnet they can't lose it or throw them away.
  • tainaheat said:
    Go with the magnet they can't lose it or throw them away.
    Why can't they throw a magnet away?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards