Illinois
Options

Please help me :)

Hello,
I am not sure if this the error to post this or not, but I need help. my name is Adrian and I am the groom. My fiancee is really busy so I am th one who is doing the research for the wedding and the budget. The issue I am having is finding a Venue or Hall that only does rental. We have about 200 people going to the wedding and our budget is less then $10,000 for the entire wedding excluding the clothing. This means the cost for the reception place, food, drink, decorations, and photos. I have been researching for about 2 weeks now and most places I have found do not rent and they charge to much for food per person. It looks like to me that renting a hall and then having outside catering come in is the way to go for the budget, but I am not finding any place that just rents and allows outside catering. Please help, any suggestions would be great. Thank you

Re: Please help me :)

• Options
    Hi. There is another Illinois board that is more "Chicago specific". You will receive more responses if you repost this question on that board. Also, if you can be more specific, it will help with the responses you get. Can you narrow the area in which you are looking? You might start with researching park districts in the town(s) or county you are considering. Often, VFW halls, Lion's Club buildings, and park districts have buildings/space to rent.
  • Options
    If you are still in need of a photographer, my fianc and I are selling a voucher for Timothy Whaley photography for 750. It's worth 1,898 and covers 8 hrs of photos and a DVD slideshow. Their website is www.twaphoto.com. Email me at amschwartz21gmail.com if you're interested.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_please-help-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:617Discussion:0e5a6026-6a64-4509-ab49-3b223b76666bPost:f014d7b7-c296-4f08-b38b-87c15ac57edf">Re:Please help me :</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are still in need of a photographer, my fianc and I are selling a voucher for Timothy Whaley photography for 750. It's worth 1,898 and covers 8 hrs of photos and a DVD slideshow. Their website is <a href="http://www.twaphoto.com." rel="nofollow">www.twaphoto.com.</a> Email me at amschwartz21gmail.com if you're interested.
    Posted by aschwartz21[/QUOTE]

Stop trying to rip off other brides.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_please-help-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:617Discussion:0e5a6026-6a64-4509-ab49-3b223b76666bPost:e19d3743-fb52-479d-890d-bd955746b02b">Re:Please help me :</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Please help me : : Stop trying to rip off other brides.
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]

Yes, thank you.  This is ridiculous! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_please-help-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:0e5a6026-6a64-4509-ab49-3b223b76666bPost:1f58a79f-a8c4-4814-b9eb-623ae30562f0">Please help me :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I am not sure if this the error to post this or not, but I need help. my name is Adrian and I am the groom. My fiancee is really busy so I am th one who is doing the research for the wedding and the budget. The issue I am having is finding a Venue or Hall that only does rental. We have about 200 people going to the wedding and our budget is less then $10,000 for the entire wedding excluding the clothing. This means the cost for the reception place, food, drink, decorations, and photos. I have been researching for about 2 weeks now and most places I have found do not rent and they charge to much for food per person. It looks like to me that renting a hall and then having outside catering come in is the way to go for the budget, but I am not finding any place that just rents and allows outside catering. Please help, any suggestions would be great. Thank you
    Posted by geek1981[/QUOTE]

What town are you guys looking in? We are having our reception at Niko's in Bridgeview on a Friday for $34 per person includes open bar and the cake!
    We are doing the ceremony at The Wayside Chapel in Palos Park, you can choose indoor or outdoor its beautiful and total cost for that is $825. Hope that helps
  • Options
    Having a 10K budget and 200 people is going to be tight.  Can you cut down the list a little?
  • Options
    Having a 10K budget and 200 people is going to be tight.  Can you cut down the list a little?
    @sparkleyturtle......this thread was started in January and has not been active since February. I am guessing he has resolved his situation. He is definitely not checking this post. The date underneath the profile picture indicates the last time a thread was active. That may help you avoid responding to old/dead threads in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards