African American Weddings

Officiant Question...

Is it rude not to invite the officiant to stay for the reception?  Is this an option?  It's not someone I have a relationship with and we're paying them for their services...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant Question...

• minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

If this is strictly a business relationship, then it's nothing personal to hire the person for only the ceremony. If it was a friend or distinguished individual, I would invite him or her to the reception. Some people will keep the officiant to bless the food, but personally, if I'm paying, it's strictly the 20 minutes I need to say "I Do."

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• marsm4marsm4 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Thanks Minsu5, that's how I feel but I wasn't sure if that was proper or not. My fiance's uncle will bless the food so we don't them for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marsm4minsu5 that i was always under the impression  that they would do the services you pay them for and that would be it.. Im thinking only if you wanted to you could offer them a few appetizers (providing you are having a cocktail hr) LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I asked this very question in the mainstream threads because I want to ask a childhood/HS classmate to officate.

I was told to invite him and he's wife the ceremony and reception formally by sending him an invitation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards