Snarky Brides
Options

Video Rant

Yay I got married. And had an amazing honeymoon. 

End of happy talk.

I really wanted a videographer. Really bad. H said it was not worth the money, we were already spending a boat load on a great photographer, and shouldn't we put that money towards the honeymoon instead. I talked it over with my mum and she said how about she and Pops record the important bits on their iPad for us to replay and edit later if we'd like. OK, compromise. Sure.

Pops uploads the video of the speeches to Dropbox. Takes 27 flaming hours to upload. Finally it is ready and I view it and mum's hand covers have the screen from being over the lens for about 80% of the video, and just as pops says "And in closing, I would just like to say....", her perfectly manicured thumb is placed firmly over the microphone.

I can never get that memory back.

Oh and the house we rent was put on the market today. Commence wine drinking. Who's with me?

Re: Video Rant

• Options
    have = half. Didn't there used to be an edit option?
  • Options

That blows, but just think.  What if you had gotten the expensive videographer and then they skipped town before giving you the video or it was also bad quality and then you wasted all that money.  As long as you enjoyed your day, you'll never forget it. 

But yes to the wine!

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Like kss said, at least it was free. I'm sure your photos will turn out amazing and make you feel a little bit better.

My aunt was nice enough to record my sister's wedding back in the day of VHS tapes. She did a really good, thorough job of it too, going around to talk to people, asking them for advice, sort of like a guestbook but in video form along with getting the ceremony stuff.

About two weeks after getting it, my sister accidentally taped over it recording something. Our mom is still pissed!

• Options
    kss20 said:

That blows, but just think.  What if you had gotten the expensive videographer and then they skipped town before giving you the video or it was also bad quality and then you wasted all that money.  As long as you enjoyed your day, you'll never forget it. 

But yes to the wine!

This is what happened to my SIL. They spent tons of money for a videographer and paid before the wedding... never saw the video or even the raw video. He skipped town.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I hope all the time and effort your parents put into videographing didn't spoil their enjoyment of the wedding.
  • Options
    People have married for centuries without video and were able to remember their wedding day. It stinks, yeah. But my uncle insisted on video taping our wedding, and his goofy ass is photobombing half of our ceremony pictures because he was right up there with us squatting and filming. Our photographer photoshopped him out of the important ones, but it's still funny. The video os barely audible anyway. Homemade Videography can go wrong, is the point. You laugh it off. You have pictures. It could be worse. Be bummed about it for awhile, and then move on. Please don't let it eat you up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards