Attire & Accessories Forum

What color Pashmina with Pewter Dress??

jkehoe6jkehoe6 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2013 in Attire & Accessories Forum
I bought a grey-ish silver pashmina to go with the pewter dresses.  Wondering if I should have gotten black for the girls? They'll be carrying deep blue hydrangeas.  The guys are wearing black and pewter.  Flower girl dress is also pewter with black accents (tights, sweater). Wedding November 9! Help!! Thanks : ) image

Re: What color Pashmina with Pewter Dress??

• When I read the headline of this post I immediately thought black.
  • Do they have to match exactly?

Personally, I don't care for pashminas and prefer a cardigan or jacket.

Can you give them an option to wear whatever they'd like to keep warm?

• When I read the headline of this post I immediately thought black.
    Exact same thought here. OP - then you said the guys are wearing black and pewter and it sealed the deal. I'd go black. But I do agree with @itzMS that I think cardigans/jackets look more polished.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks ladies... so if I were to go with cardigans... any specific kind?  I'm not very fashion forward  (I just purchased my first pair of skinny jeans last weekend!).  Would they be full lenght cardigans, or those short ones?  AND.... would I go with black?  Are there 'fancier' cardigans out there or would a good ole cotton from Gap work?
  • Thanks ladies... so if I were to go with cardigans... any specific kind?  I'm not very fashion forward  (I just purchased my first pair of skinny jeans last weekend!).  Would they be full lenght cardigans, or those short ones?  AND.... would I go with black?  Are there 'fancier' cardigans out there or would a good ole cotton from Gap work?
  • jkehoe6 said:
    Thanks ladies... so if I were to go with cardigans... any specific kind?  I'm not very fashion forward  (I just purchased my first pair of skinny jeans last weekend!).  Would they be full lenght cardigans, or those short ones?  AND.... would I go with black?  Are there 'fancier' cardigans out there or would a good ole cotton from Gap work?

You can just say to your bridesmaids, "It might be a little chilly on the wedding day, so please wear any black cardigan or jacket that you like" (they were probably planning for this, anyways)

Does your church require them to cover up their shoulders?

If not, then denfinitely don't worry about it. I've been in plenty of fall weddings as a bridesmaid and we didn't wear pashminas or cardigans except when outside waiting for pictures.

• The ceremony will be outside as will the pictures so long as it's not raining.  I planned on buying the pashminas or cardigans for them to be given as part of their bridal party package that I'm putting together.

• jkehoe6 said:
    Thanks ladies... so if I were to go with cardigans... any specific kind?  I'm not very fashion forward  (I just purchased my first pair of skinny jeans last weekend!).  Would they be full lenght cardigans, or those short ones?  AND.... would I go with black?  Are there 'fancier' cardigans out there or would a good ole cotton from Gap work?
    Here are some options:
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/cardigans/the-dream-of-the-crop-cardigan-in-black I have this in red and I quite like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards